Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

211 - 220 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Dear thatslife2!
i am so sorry you are going through tough time.
Did you have an Hcg level blood count? Are you on any kind of medication?

i wish i could be reassuring and comforting but one of my 3 mc s where like this. Possitive HPT - blood count HCG confirmed pregnancy but then it dropped and pregnancy terminated. But i had AF like flow not just brownish stuff

But since everyone is different and HPT can be mistaken though being prepared for the worst you should hope for the best until you talk to your doctor.

i wish the best for you and that it was just a stupid, not-working http

9 years ago

not working HPT i meant. Call your doctor and stay in bed

9 years ago

Thanks very much Meranda. No I didn't have a Blood count. I was originally going to wait for 2 more weeks now *Confused*! I still have a High temperature even as I type. I've Never felt such strong symptoms in all my life! I'm very sorry to hear about your 3 miscarriages. That's very hard. You say 1 of them ended like this? I had 1 MC (after my 1st child) I was in terrible pain, needed dnc. I'm in no pain at all now TG but feel so let down, I still feel the same even nauseous, high temp, sore bb's. Now I'm all over the place! My Cervix Never feels like this on AF this is so so strange.. I feel like a complete an utter idiot. I told my DH last night & Bless him he didn't know what to do when I told him I seen blood. I really thought it was going to come up so many weeks etc..But when i seen Not Pregnant I felt gutted!!:( Aww I don't know.. I even had diarrhea.. Thank's a million for dropping in to answer it means the world to me, I'm here surrounded by all boys! DH and 3 of mt son's. It's nice to talk to another female!:) xxx

9 years ago

Have you had full flow (AF) hunni if not test again I hear it takes longer with a digital... anyway I am sorry you are going through crap this month hunni xx

9 years ago • Post starter

dear thatslife2
i think that the best thing to do is seek doctor s advice. and do stay in bed if possible.

stay positive

9 years ago

Hiya Karlou
No I haven't had AF yet. Just yesterday I looked on the tissue and seen a brown spots. Then I checked my CP and I got a Brownish mucous looking discharge after checking. I don't need a pad or anything. I'm really soo confused!! Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I went to bed yesterday after seen the discharge, which is only now and again when I wipe after using the loo, there's a tad on the tissue (sorry if tmi). I have No pain what so ever but I feel soo discouraged after doing that digi I was expecting it to tell me how many weeks etc instead I got Not Pregnant! My heart just sank!!. I wished I Never done it! Thanks Mirenda I am just resting all day. I'm to to lye in bed soon, I can't make out how my cervix is still so high? I'm a little bit afraid to check it again but If I do get more blood I will. It felt squishy earlier on..and it was like my vaginal walls were closed or something so I tried again and I found my cp which was High squishy and a musousy looking brownish discharge was a little bit around my cervix if you get me. Yeah I've heard the digi's aren't as sensitive as the early htp cheap tests. It's very hard to keep positive now you know. Please keep me in your prayers We really wanted this baby so so much! xxx i just can't stop myself from crying i feel so stupid now,:(

9 years ago

thatslife2

since you are only -let s say- spotting and not having af like flow maybe it is because of your progesterone levels or smth

and maybe your urine was diluted or maybe you did not do it right

you only had your BFP like 4 days ago. digital hpt need HCG to be over 50 so maybe it just did not show

please please pleas call your doctor to have some peace of mind

meanwhile we are all here and you are in our prayers

9 years ago

Thanks a million for your kind words. You do make perfect sense! I'm going to wait it out and just try relax. I can and will be able to keep my feet up for a week as DH and DS's are doing everything for me!(Their so good and I really appreciate them too!). My Doctor doesn't like seen anyone in early pregnancy esp as early as me. Also I don't like or agree with all that poking around down there with that internal scanner in the EPT. I'll keep you all up yo date as to what happens. God is Good I know so I'll try my best to keep the faith! You'll All been so good and it's great to hahve someone to talk about it to so I'll be praying for you all too that you get your BFP!! Thanks again for been there girls xxx

9 years ago

Aww babes you are far from stupid... Will be saying a prayer for you xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Thatslife2 - You are in my prayers Hon. Please take good care of yourself and keep us posted!

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo