Community post

Discussion

Hcg quant result was 16, 4 days before missed af!

I've had 2 first response pregnancy test show faint lines, went for bloodtest yesterday and the result was 16. I know it's early because I've not missed af yet so is this a positive result? I'm on clomid only and have done research to see if the meds would cause hcg in your blood but can't find anything. I'm questioning myself so much bc I'd like to know,y doctor is out until Monday morning. I was told by the lab anything over 5 was positive then one told me anything over 10 was positive. Please help!

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Yes, u are pregnant...congrats! And no, clomid contains no hCG so it will not give u false results, ur pregnant! Yay for babies!!

Labs vary, but technically anything over 5 is pregnant becuz the human body can carry levels up to 5miu without being pregnant. Over 5, some labs like to consider u possibly pregnant, only becuz it is a low number and there is the potential for a loss or lab error, but really, theres a potential for loss no matter what ur levels are at. Dont worry about that stuff tho, u'll just stress urself out.

10 years ago

Thank you so much for responding, I will be repeating my labs on Monday morning hopefully. :)

10 years ago • Post starter

Fingers crossed for u! Come join us over on countdownmypregnancy.

10 years ago

Anything over 10 is def positive for pregnancy. Yes your results are very low but its early on, it only matters now that they double every 48hrs. Congrats on your miracle!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo