Community post

Discussion

HELP! Need advice re conceiving

Hey ladies, really hoping for some advice.

My hubby and I decided to start trying to conceive about two months ago. I was previously on the nuvaring for two years. I was taking the First response digital ovulation tests and received a positive on the night of May 14th. We had sex on the 12th, 13th and that night the 14th. My period was due to arrive July 1st but so far no sign of it. I've taken several pregnancy tests (different brands) and they have all been negative. I've had some symptoms (ie slight nausea, sore nipples, breast fullness/tenderness, very light cramping) . Has anyone else experienced this? Appreciate any advice! Thanks!

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I remember with my first child (this is dating back 17 yrs) I had all the symptoms of pregnancy and took several home tests and all came back Negative. Finally I thought something must be wrong with me so I scheduled an appointment and went to see the doctor and sure enough I was pregnant, not only was I pregnant I was 17 weeks along. With my second child (10 yrs ago) I felt that way (morning sickness, sore breast, fullness in my belly, gas) and took 4 tests at home ALL 4 WERE NEGATIVE, suddenly I was reminded of my first pregnancy, went in to see the doctor and was 16 weeks pregnant.

Currently, my situation is that, my monthly period comes every month 28 days apart for no more than 4 days at max like clockwork. It was due on June 12th so I was a little surprised when it actually came on June 15th, stayed until June 17th and NADA! ZILCH! My husband and I had sex that Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (what can I say been married all of 17 years and we're still very attracted to each other and quite sexually active) and then on Monday, the 22nd, to my surprise I was spotting for at 24 hours or so. Had been feeling weird since then like I just "know" that I'm pregnant or something. Friday morning July 3rd I woke up with some crazy (familiar) pain in my left side that eventually went away but still I feel "weird". I feel fluttering in my belly. Every morning I'm nauseous without vomiting. Period isn't due for another 5 days however I can't help but feeling like I am pregnant. Could it be so? I'm super excited :-)

Schedule an appointment and have your blood drawn. With the late period and symptoms you described, I'm betting that you're preggers :-) Hoping all the best for you! Please come back and share your news.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo