Community post

Discussion

AF? Implantation?

Hey ladies!

So, I'm pretty sure AF decided to visit me starting last Saturday, however it was a a few days early, and somebody brought it to my attention that it could be implantation bleeding. I'm almost positive it's not, I just don't feel like it could be...and it's been more than just spotting. This is going to get to be TMI so I warn in advance...

Ok, so my regular cycle is about 36 days usually. I had a pap on January 30th, everything is good...Dr. told me to start taking prenatal vitamins with folic acid since we are actively TTC, but that I wasn't going to get any help for a whole year so that I had to try on my own, even though we have already been TTC for about a year and a half off and on.

Saturday, the 22nd, I just felt like I was leaking fluid or something, so I went to the bathroom...pink on my panties red on my TP. Odd, I wasn't expecting the witch for another 4 days...

Well, this period is very light compared to what I'm used to, like a fresh pad every 3-4 hours. I have only had to change pads like once a day, sometimes not even that..but it's red. Not brown, not pink...Red. And it's not only on my TP, there has been some on my pad and in the toilet when I'm done peeing. But no clots. Also, it's more like a red syrup....like it's stretchy kinda sometimes, but just a few times...it smells different. I know that's odd for me to tell you, but I mean blood smells like blood haha, and it doesn't really smell bloody...not like normal, I guess because it's so much lighter, the smell isn't as strong? I did get cramps, but they were nothing compared to the period cramps I usually get. Actually, I had no AF symptoms this time around. Usually I get intense cramps, acne, bloated, and gassy. I have had a headache just about every day for the past almost two weeks, just figured it was because I ovulated.

The timing would be about right for implantation bleeding. We BDed on 2/2, 2/4, 2/9, 2/13, and 2/20 and they say 6-12 days after is when implantation usually occurs. I was supposed to ovulate the week of the 9th...

I'm pretty sure this is a period, I mean I have changed some things so I think my body is trying to catch up and change cycle lengths too. I quit drinking caffeine in October, started watching my caloric intake after my dr appointment, have started drinking water instead of sprite, and I quit my job...

I have no intentions of testing until I either start getting symptoms, or I miss a period...I am 99.9% sure this is just a period...but there is that tiny voice in the back of my mind saying, hmmm what if? I also know that prenatal vitamins don't regulate cycles, so I know it's not that.

Just looking for some opinions for other people, I don't do anything that would harm a baby if I was pregnant, which I HIGHLY doubt, so no dr for me..just curious!

OH! And it was there at like 10 this morning, but isn't here now..and I've heard implantation only lasts a few days usually. So yea..

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Girlfriend! It sounds like you should poas just to make sure!!!

It may just be that af is early for you this month, perhaps because of the few changes you've made. A change in diet will definitely affect your cycle. Also, since you were due for af a few days ago, if the blood was not your period, you're technically late. I think a hpt is in order for sure. If it comes back negative and you still don't get your usual flow, you should probably go see your doctor. Give it about a week or so.

Good luck!

10 years ago

Yea I kinda figured it's just AF, it's just weird because that's a short cycle for me. I'm going to wait a week or so before I break my own heart haha.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo