Community post

Discussion

Long Luteal Phase! Help!!

Hi

I need all your help and advise please. I have a 37 day cycle usually and I have been trying to get pregnant now for the last six months so no such luck as I was always using the ovulation Calculator on the Internet. However this month I have used the ovulation kits and I have discovered that I ovulate on cycle day 16. This leaves me with having a 22 day Luteal phase. Can anyone give me any advise or is this going to be a problem? I have read about short Luteal phases but nothing about long ones.

Thanks
Rachel x

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Keep using the opks. The time from cd1 until ovulation can vary in length from month to month, but women typically will have a set luteal pattern. Most women experience a luteal phase between 10-16 days long, with 14 days being average. A long luteal phase is when the body continues to produce increased levels of progesterone for more than about 16 days after ovulation. If you haven't been charting your basal body temperature I would suggest starting. Are you familiar with bbt? If a long luteal phase is suspected it's important to know when you ovulate so that you can keep track of when the luteal phase actually began, and temping can help with this. Blood tests can also help in determining if you truly have a long luteal phase. Don't rely on the internet app or a phone app to tell you when you'll ovulate. You know your body best. If you've been ttc for six months with no luck but this is the first month pinpointing ovulation with an opk, there's a good chance you were just timing intercourse wrong. Also, if you're >35 years old it's recommended to seek help from a doctor if you've been trying for more than six months.

Me (29) Hubby (35) PCOS Mommy to Miss I (2009), Miss P (2014), and now trying for our third. Can't wait to see a soon!

8 years ago

Hi

Thank you so much for your reply. Just shows that a long luteul phase is ok as I am now 6 weeks pregnant :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo