Community post

Discussion

Need some advice! Possibly moving?

Hi all!

I need some advice/suggestions. I am a teacher and just got out of a really tough year teaching in the inner city (having panic attacks at school, toughest year of my life). I amazingly was offered and accepted a position in my DREAM district. I went there and have always wanted to teach there. My husband also grew up in the area.

When my husband got offered to transfer to another location for a job, we moved to Lancaster (about an hour away from our home town) for this job. I went to college down there and now we have moved out of Lancaster to Elizabethtown. Elizabethtown is about 25 minutes from my husband's job, and is a 40+ minute drive from my job (in our hometown) depending on traffic.

Here is the predicament. I can only imagine the headache and hairpulling that would happen as a result of commuting that every day. Add kids and daycare (in the future) to the mix, and it seems like it would be very difficult. I would ideally like to move back to our hometown so that we can be around both of our families. However, my husband likes the area we are in (as do I) and wants to stay near our friends and his job. I make more than 2x what he makes and have asked him if he would consider looking for a job in our hometown but haven't gotten very far. He DID say that he would be willing to look at apartments in our hometown but when I asked him the other day he said he wanted to stay where we are.

I am not sure what to do here! Any suggestions or advice would be so appreciated!

0 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo