Community post

Discussion

TTC really getting me down

My husband and I decided to start 'trying' for another baby almost 4 cycles ago. We already have a 20month old girl. So the first 2 months we just did the deed whenever we felt to see how things went (our first was a suprise :) ) after nothing was happening I decided to try OPKs. I ovulated on day 14 of my cycle, and still had no luck. This month I didn't do OPKs, we went on a little holiday and did the deed everyday for 10 days straight (during when I thought I would ovulate). I felt pregnant 7dpo(roughly) so I did a test and both myself and hubby saw a slight line. I did one again the next morning and it was the same. Ever since then I have had negatives. I don't feel pregnant anymore except that my boobs hurt! I'm 2 days off my period and I am going insane!! I can't keep facing heartbreaking negatives every single month. I spent most of today crying because I'm just ready to give up. I had a very very early miscarriage about a year ago.
What makes it worse is everybody keeps asking us when are you having another one? And we don't want to tell themwe are trying. And for those that know we are trying, they ask every single month 'are you pregnant?' I just want to scream at them!! I think I'm losing it. Please somebody relate to me...

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi Hun

Try not to give up lovely. Remember you're creating a little life and you want to get it right! :) 4 Months isn't very long and it sounds like you have had some other things on your mind too. I know how annoying others can be - constantly asking, but try not to let it get you down. Just tell them you would like another child someday, they don't need to know your business! With the faint positive early on, it may be an early pregnancy that didn't eventuate or it could just be that the hormone levels need to be higher. Test's differ in the sensitivity to measure hcg. Perhaps in future if you do need to try again wait until your period is due. This should ease some stress and could also avoid early disappointment. I know it's hard, believe me! but I'm sure it will happen for you soon xx *baby dust*

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo