Community post

Discussion

Post Mirena IUD TTC experiences...

Wondering how many are TTC Post Mirena IUD removal? (TTC for the 1st time or ?)
How have you adjusted Post Mirena? What was your experience like with it?
Any trouble TTC afterward? Anyone with positive stories?

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

So to kick this off I'll tell you my story...

32, Mom of a 5 year old boy. Had Mirena placed August of 2010 approx. 6 months postpartum after my son was born. Generally speaking I had a good experience with the IUD, not many complaints although, I believe toward the end of it's 5 years it began to negatively effect my libido.

I had no periods with it for about 4 years but "cycled" normally and ovulated with it. I had it removed May 26th 2015 to begin NTNP with my partner of almost 3 years, (my little boy is from a previous marriage and the only child between us) and we are looking forward to growing our little family.

My first period since removal began June 12th, lasted 3 days and was super light but definitely there. I so far seem to be on track with returning to "normal". Had an insanely obvious O this cycle on 6/26. I'm not temping or OPKing etc. but am monitoring CM, CP, symptoms etc. pretty closely to get a feel for where I'm at while adjusting to life without the IUD. Anyway! Look forward to hearing other stories! Happy, healthy wishes for all of you.

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo