Community post

Discussion

BFP then progressed down to BFN. When to expect period?

Hi all, I'm brand new here but this site has already helped me immensely and I'm so grateful. Thanks to confirmation of helpful people here, I know that I was pregnant earlier this week, which was pretty exciting!

Unfortunately, my dip strips got lighter and lighter over the last few days, and this morning I finally took a FRER and I guess you could maybe say its barely a squinter (at 5 and 10 min mark there was def nothing visible), but I know it's really negative. The earlier dip strips were faint but clearly visible, and have only gotten lighter. Not sure when I ovulated but I'm on CD 32 (I normally have 27 day cycles). And I also don't "feel" pregnant anymore.

I'm wondering when I can expect my period to start. I just want to move on so I'll still have a chance at trying next month. I am actually not currently insured so popping over to the doctor's office isn't really an option for me--in my state you can get free or low cost insurance if you're pregnant so I was just going to get that once pg. But I could go to planned parenthood I guess.

If AF doesn't come soon, should I be concerned? Also, this is my first pregnancy ever so I have no experience to compare it to. Thanks for all your help and encouragement.

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi there. sorry about the pregnancy loss :( When I miscarried I only started bleeding two weeks after the baby died. It passed easily (though painfully) at home. As early as you are it should probably be more like a heavy period. I would wait for another week or so before getting worried.

How long have you been TTC?

10 years ago

That is very helpful, @shelob--thank you! I'm sorry for your loss as well.

All day I've been waiting for AF to come but it just doesn't feel like it's going to happen soon. So maybe it will be another week or so with me, too. I may call PP in a couple days and explain my situation and see if they recommend I come in.

We actually weren't really going to start trying until next month, so this was a bit of a surprise! Had one unprotected BD and then decided to wait one more cycle to really give it a try as I was feeling a little stressed out. So I am grateful for this experience because now I know without a doubt that I do feel ready to try, because of how happy I was those first couple days. Now I guess it's just a matter of getting through to the next cycle, and hoping we'll be lucky enough to conceive so easily again. Never thought I'd be this anxious to start a period!

10 years ago • Post starter

Just an update... (thought maybe someone in a similar situation might want to know)

AF came today and its a heavier than normal period, but nothing too scary. I feel somewhat relieved and am looking forward to this next cycle. I'm sure I'll need everyone's help again deciphering those dip strips come ovulation time. :) Thanks.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo