Community post

Discussion

BFN but no sign of AF (CD 46)

So strange. This is the longest cycle I've ever had. I never skip periods. LMP was Jan 6 and then on CD 37, 38, 39 I had light pink spotting and lots of CM since then. I took a bunch of tests but all negative. Anyone with similar experiences? Should I just play the waiting game?

15 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 15 Replies | Last Page

I am in exactly the same boat! LMP was Jan 12th, now CD41 and no sign of AF! Don't know what is going on, every test is BFN but I'm five days late. Thing is, I keep trying to read up and see what it means, but for different people it can be a completely different story! I've heard of heaps of women who wait and get their hopes up and end up with AF weirdly late, but then just as many who were pregnant but didn't get their BFP until much later than this! So confused and frustrated, hate all this waiting but doesn't look like there is much choice!!!

10 years ago

It's a terrible feeling, isn't it? I just want to know what's going on! I would wonder why AF is so late because it is so unusual. I am not expecting a BFP anymore because I've gotten too many BFN to expect a different outcome.

10 years ago • Post starter

Ye, by now I've taken about ten tests and all BFN! It's confusing because one minute I think well that must be it, if I've not got enough pregnancy hormones by now then there is no way, and then the next minute I'm sure I'm getting symptoms!! I'm sick of driving myself nuts obsessing about it, if I'm out this month I wish AF would just hurry up and get it over with already!

10 years ago

I feel the exact same way! I'm sorry you're going through this also but I'm glad to not feel so alone in this! I hope you get the results you're hoping for...

Did the witch get you yet? I'm still BFN, still just waiting for something to change!!! It's driving me mad!

10 years ago

Nope, no sign of AF! I gave up testing...but I am feeling lower back pain and that's very unusual for me unless I pulled a muscle or something. Still waiting, waiting...you?

Waiting waiting waiting... aaah it's driving me nuts!!! Eight days past my due date for AF and no idea what is going on! My temp came back up yesterday and stayed high today which I think is a good sign, but then again if it meant anything at all surely I would've had the BFP by now?! DH is at the shops getting new shoes today and I'm trailing along torturing myself looking at all the tiny wee baby trainers lol!!

10 years ago

I'm 2 weeks past when I expected AF to show and I haven't taken a test since last week because if a BFP wasn't showing up when I was over a week late, surely I wouldn't get one now...although there's always wishful thinking! I haven't even been charting because I kept expecting AF to come so I can reset and continue from there so I am totally lost at what my body is doing! Have you been testing daily??

No, it is so disheartening to feel hopeful and then see the BFN so I have been trying not to test too often. I tested yesterday but going to try to hold out a bit longer before checking again. Basically I'm away for a week now and if I am still late I'll be getting a doctor's appointment to find out why. So I'll test before the appointment so that I can tell the doctor! I am charting because temp is supposed to drop when AF comes so I'm curious to see if it will basically!!! I don't know, partly I'm thinking I'm never late and my temp is up so staying hopeful but then again if there isn't hcg in my system at this point... just wish I knew!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

10 years ago

I know the feeling. Maybe just maybe we have been getting false negatives?? I don't know if I plan to see the dr to see what's up unless it's been like 2 months or more without a period. I feel like she would say it is normal? Maybe? I had gone in for an annual (no bloodwork) right before my last cycle and all was fine. That makes sense with temping to see if AF will show. I was monitoring CM before and when I got that spotting around the time AF was due, it threw me off for sure.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo