Community post

Discussion

Home Pregnancy testing with opk and blood experiment!!

Alright, I have been ttc for about a year and have read many thinks about using OPK as pregnancy tests and also using blood on hpt and have been very curious. Sooo.... This morning I got my bfp on first response 6 days and wanted to try out these other theories.
Keep in mind I have done the blood on the dollar store hpt and used an OPK every cycle for the past 5 months and ALWAYS got a STARK negative!

Whole blood test:
I put 5 drops of whole blood on a new choice dollar store test. It took about 10 min for the blood to pass through and about 3 min later, I got a strong positive, do it works!!! However, the reason many want to Rey this is because blood will show a positive earlier.... I did this 2 days ago, 9dpo and it was NEGATIVE or I could not see a line because of the color of blood, so it won't help you find out eariler!!

OPK
I used an OPK as directed an I did get a positive, but it took about 7 min to get positive, prior th that the line was lighter, so it worked, but not on the OPK directions time frame. I would not use this as a confirmation, but it may be a heads up to confirm with a hpt!!!

I will try to post pics soon. I did try, but I don't know how to resize the Pics they can post.

0 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo