Community post

Discussion

March IUI 2014

View Full Post

I just wanted to start another board on March IUIs.
My first one in February failed and here's to hoping that this second one will be the charm. Can't wait to see some BFPs and some Thanksgiving babies!! If I conceive this cycle my EDD is Nov. 26th.
I'm CD2...

User Image

486 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 486 Replies | Last Page

I'm going to try to stop at RiteAid on my way home from work if I can get out of here on time. If they've also been mysteriously wiped out, I can try a couple of other places tomorrow.

I'm 12dpo, I believe.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Darn essemekay want me to overnight you some!!!!

Seriously ladies I am worried. My Dr refuses to do trigger shots.... Don't you need that for Iui????

10 years ago

essemkay- I see it too!! Good Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!! Could it be too early and it's so faint? I hope it's not an evap!!!

smithb475- we are cycle buddies.... today I'm 8dpo.. did you test? I'm so scared.. don't think I'm going to... will just wait and see how this weekend goes.

TXkadams- great numbers!! I had mature follicles too!! I hope this is it for you too sweetie!! Fingers crossed

Texas- yay for IUI this month and yay for finding a donor! I'm curious too.. tell us about the donor. When will your IUI be?

Love all the names you guys said.. I'm into the unique ones too!! I love Ella, Eva, Evi, Luisa for girl and Peter, Connor, Liam, George for boy.

AFM- I had a doc appt. today to kind of review what's happened so far. She basically told us that I'm not a candidate yet for IVF... she believes I can get pregnant with IUI because my response has been good (many eggs)... she just doesn't know how good the quality is. I swear I do everything to improve quality I take COQ10, Royal Jelly, acupuncture, and wheat grass... Don't know why it's not happening and what else to do to help.
Anyway, didn't mean to wine or anything.
I still have these weird heartburns.. I have a very mild one now.. Besides that, nothing... I told RE she said it's too early still to have anything different.. and as for the heartburn she told me to take one of those antacid things (I never have and never will, it's not that bad).

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Oh the RE told me that for the next IUI (well hopefully there won't be a next but if there is) she's going to put me on Letrozole days 3-7 and injectable hormone (FSH) days 8-11... she said the chances increase big time when you do that.. however bigger chance of twins.. so that would be the plan for IUI#3.
Anyone do this combo?

User Image

Texas- sorry just saw your question about trigger shots. I think it depends how aggressive you want to be. Even though I ovulate on my own, my RE gave me trigger shots to ensure that all mature follicles release an egg... At least that's how I understand it.. maybe essemkay knows something I don't. Basically anything to increase chances. Did you ask your RE as to WHY he refuses to give you trigger shot?

User Image

Texasgirl13, how old are you? If you ovulate on your own (which I believe you've proven you do!) and are young, as long as they're monitoring your LH levels, either with blood tests or opks, I can see not using a trigger shot. For people who need multiple targets or assistance with ovulating, a trigger shot is a must.

Honestly, I don't understand your doctor's reluctance. It's only about $100 and helps pinpoint timing for sure.

Carp! My husband is working late, so I have to pick up my daughter and then rush home to take the cat to the vet - not sure when I can get to the drug store!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Texas, yes that is strange that your Dr wont do a trigger shot. It increases your chances since timing is of the essence for your O and a trigger helps that timing.

Do any of you girls docs check you for your uterus linings? My Dr made sure to tell me where my lining was bc in his words "you cant plant a seed and little soil to grow a beautiful flower" Linings should be at least 9mm or more.

Also too much use of clomid starts to prevent that lining from increasing which is why I stopped using it and want to try natural cycles.

10 years ago

I have a thinnish lining too, usually 8-8.5 at O. The clomid made me 6-7mm. They tried to up it with estrogen pills, but it didn't help enough so they switched me to other drugs. A trigger isn't necessary, but I'd rather have it than not. It makes all the eggs release together and with good timing, so it helps. If he won't do a trigger think about switching to another doc. (May even be able to stay at the same office but different doc.) I like to try all the docs/RNs, some are more aggressive with meds or better at explaining/answering my questions. I feel a little guilty about it, but not enough to make me not jump around. And they all have access to my chart, so they all know my history.

Essemkay, make hubs go pick up the FRER on his way home! It's only fair ya know.

Oh, funny story. Last night when hubs got in bed he kissed me and I said, "Don't touch my belly", because I was still a little sore from the IUI. He rolled over and then I said, "Oh crap, I forgot, come back over here, we have to have sex tonight." He laughed and said, "how romantic". To me the romance about baby making left a long time ago, but I forget men are different. If only they had to take shots/pills and temperatures and pee tests, they wouldn't think it was romantic then either.

10 years ago

I will post the link tonight so y'all can review him lol

10 years ago

He said there is no use in doing a trigger. That the ovuquick is hard to get a positive and if you do then trigger is not needed.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo