Community post

Discussion

ttc after a miscarriage

View Full Post

hi guys well im new to this but i just needed to post this somewhere to see if anybody went thru the same thing or has any information they can give me
i had an early miscarriage on jan 22nd i was only around 4 weeks i went to the doctors on the 28th and my hcg levels were zero and i stopped bleeding that day , i bled for 7 days all up but only had to wear a liner throughout the entire 7 days i did lose clots and tissue (sorry tmi) my husband and i bd on the night of the 28th and have pretty much done so every other night since it has now been 4 weeks since my miscarriage and im not sure when i should be getting my period back again i know everybody is different but even just an indication on roughly when some other ppl got theirs back would be great i was ok after my miscarriage i guess and wanted to start right away with ttc but with no period in sight not even any pains i usually get before i get the period im confused i have never had a miscarriage before and i know the doctors say to wait a cycle or 2 but i feel ready and my hcg levels went straight down to zero pretty quickly please does anybody have any info i feel like im losing my mind with waiting for a positive hpt or my period , i am also taking metformin and folic acid sorry for the long post just wanted to make sure i didnt miss anything

21 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 21 Replies | Last Page

hi ladies its been a while since ive been on here i think i had to try and steer clear of all pregnancy pages for a little while it started to make me depressed , although today i am 9dpo and got my faint positive still very early so im scared im going to go thru what i went thru in january but for anybody who has miscarried im not going to say be patient in waiting for that positive hpt because i was far from that but be positive because it can happen im just hoping this time its a sticky one for me not telling anybody or my children yet until i hit after 12 weeks i wish everybody goodluck and i will keep popping in here
and to each and every one of u xxx

10 years ago • Post starter

Congratulations hun :) I'm fx'd this bean is a sticky one for you!
I'm 6w3d at the moment and the morning sickness is definitely making me believe that this pregnancy is going well! It's worse each day!

I hope we're both lucky this time! :) good luck xxx

10 years ago

hun i hope this works out for u aswell not sure how far i am just yet but i was surprised to get a positive at only 9dpo to u and please keep us up to date as things progress im glad to hear its going well so far , with one of my other daughters i was lucky enough to not get morning sickness for the first 4 mths but then it hit me hard

10 years ago • Post starter

Your posts makes me feel better!!!! I had a miscarriage on March and now I am waiting 2 months in order to start TTC again. Your good news made me feel better!
Good Luck and stay in touch.

10 years ago

Hello all. Been on this site for awhile but never posted anything. I'm 23 and TTC #1.

Got pregnant in January and then no heartbeat on the ultrasound on 3/17. Had a D&C the next day.Also when I went in to get a checkup around 7 weeks, they told me the baby was not as big as it should have been.

They told me after the D&C that I had to wait 6 weeks to have sex/use a tampon anything like that. Hubby and I only lasted about 3 weeks. I have been feeling for a week and half now like I should be getting my period soon but nothing is showing up. We only had sex the once but I'm starting to wonder. Don't want to get my hopes up again. I have my follow up appointment next week. Do they routinely check to pregnancy at every gyno appt? Maybe they'll be able to tell me something. I don't want to test and have a positive just because of lingering HCG.

Any thoughts. I appreciate reading all of your comments and knowing I'm not alone in feeling misunderstood and just so sad.

10 years ago

I miscarried at 8 weeks on 3/21. I had heavy bleeding the first few days (day 1 was really bad gushing) and then medium to light flow for about a week more. I did blood work weekly for 3 weeks and my HCG levels went down slowly but surely. These are my approximate levels starting from the date of my MC. 3/21: 8,000 ; 3/24: 900; 3/31: 66; and 4/8: 6. I'm guessing I ovulated around 3/28 because I got my period on 4/10. My PMS symptoms were a little different but in the days leading up to my period, I had a feeling that AF was close. Oh and if you're wondering, as you can see from my HCG levels, you don't have to be down to 0 to ovulate.

We are going to try again. My fertile window is just around the corner!

10 years ago

Hello ladies. I thought I'd give you some hope. After my early miscarriage on the 10th march, I found out Saturday just gone I am pregnant again!! I think ovulation occurred a week later than would normally be the case but everything seems much better this time, thinking I'm around 15dpo ovulation now, getting a nice aray of symptoms and told my doctor yesterday. Now just to wait for the midwife to contact me!
I wish you all well in your journeys!

10 years ago

Barely_there congratulations!!! These are great news! I wish you the best for this pregnancy. Tell me how do you feel? How do you deal with stress? I worry that next time I will be very stressed...

Pmarple, sometimes period after D&C is late. My doctor told me that my period would come a month later and maybe it could be late. Finally it started 29 days after D&C. Also, my doctor told me to start TTC after two periods. I dont know why, but being afraid not to experience a miscarriage again, we dont intercourse at all! I know we overdo it..... as my cousin's doctor told her to start TTC even from the first month after D&C Dont be stressed and in case of a positive test, just enjoy it!
Also, I dont think that during the appointment the doctor would see something. At this stage you should check the hCG levels. Good luck!!!!

10 years ago

Just an update, AF finally came today and I was actually excited to see it. I feel like at least everything is working again and I know where I stand. I know we're supposed to wait two cycles before trying but I guess we'll see what happens this month. Thanks for the kind words ladies.

10 years ago

that' s good Pmarple. AF coming after the D&C is a great relief!
My best wishes for you!

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo