Community post

Discussion

Envy and Disappointment.

To start out describing my journey while ttc and my disappointment causing me to question my beliefs. My husband and I are both 21, we've been married coming up to a year June 22nd. My husband and I first started talking about conception and starting out our own little family around January last year. My husband is a union lineman, dangerous job by far. He doesn't help the stress level as well as my dad, he's a lineman too. Other than worrying about my husband while he is at work, I have little to no stress. We are financially stable. I'm 5'3" a little overweight, I weigh 166, mostly just big thighs and rump. I maintain my diet, fruits and water. I cut back on carbs. I stay active. Come to find out today after an appointment with my doctor, I have a low producing thyroid. It was genetically passed down to me. My doctor prescribed me some meds to boost the production of my thyroid. I don't have missed periods, I'm down to where I could pinpoint my period 6 months from now. So, why haven't my husband and I been blessed with a bundle of joy? In the last 13 months, we've had no luck what so ever. I'm envious of mothers to be, I can't stomach to see someone pregnant. Yes I'm happy for them, but at the same time I feel deep dislike for them. I just want to know why, just why? Is there anyone experiencing disappointments like we have? I just need support. I hate hearing someone say just keep trying. Seriously, people who aren't trying to conceive do not understand the heartache in the process, my husband and I have exhausted ourselves sexually in the past trying. So we gave up on a schedule and just make love every two days or so. I need a friend.

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I know all of this is hard. When you want something so bad and it's out of your control. I was just like you worrying about when my husband and I were going to conceive, I was taking tests everyday and making my period late because of stress only giving mused hope before Af would come and tear my dreams apart. Now I am not super religious but I was talking to my aunt and she started telling me about her ttc stories and how she wanted a baby so bad that she was desperate and asking herself why me? Why can't I get pregnant? Then she said she prayed and God told her to be quiet and just enjoy life. That month after letting go and letting God she conceived. It's a crazy thing but God controls everything and just because you haven't conceived doesn't mean there is something wrong with you just means it is not the right time. So my friend. Let go and let God control this. I promise start praying about it and he will bless you with a bundle of joy when the time is right!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo