Community post

Discussion

Abstain before the big O??

Hi Ladies,
Has any of you tried abstaining before O to make sure DH has the best stuff? I know that all over the net you read how they tell you not to do that, but the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book does recommend that in case there is a low count. She does talk about every other day method, but then she says to abstain for a few days "ideally". So has anyone tried that?

So far my DH did not do any testing, but we do have 2 kids which we didn't really TTC....definitely didn't do the whole 7 days in a row before the big O at that time and we got pregnant effortlessly. Now, this time around we really are TTC and nothing is happening! The only thing I didn't try so far is abstaining until the O...so I'm going to take that risk this cycle and see what happens.

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hey I was just gonna tell you that after stalking google and yahoo forums I've read a lot about how it IS best to wait for O day BUT they say it's best to have sex 1-2 days before actual ovulation so there is sperm waiting on the egg. Apparently if you wait for the exact day the little swimmers might miss the train! :). Good luck to you!

Proud mommy of 1... trying for lil bambino #2 always, Beth

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo