Community post

Discussion

Again timed everything just right...& still one pink lin

I tried very hard to see two lines, two three times a day testing with dip strips. The ob said I could loose some weight(yes I am overweight) but healthy and can find no reason for my losses, now he calls them "recurrent mc's" because we have had three in the last two years. At 38 having had two healthy kids... my clock is POUNDING. I don't want this part of my life to be over...we want another baby(we did want two more:-/ it's not working out that way )
My periods have begun being more regular and a lot shorter(they used to be 45-48 or longer!) which I and the ob found to be a good thing but after 8 tries timed just right with no luck.
It's crushing to start each month so sad and frustrated.
Anyone else?
STICKY baby dust to all

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I timed everything right too in the last 3 months and I'm not pregnant. I have 2 kids and never had a miscarriage.

My RE doctor told me that sometimes when you ovulate an egg that isn't the best egg you won't get pregnant even if you timed everything perfect, or you will get pregnant but then you will have a miscarriage. So she said she will put me on Clomid to help better ovulation, but only after 12 months. So far I've been trying for 6 months (5 cycles). Also the hubby will need to do a sperm analyses. We do have 2 kids that were conceived effortlessly and I had perfect pregnancies, so I assumed that DH is in the clear, which the RE doc told me not to assume that part just because toy have 2 kids already.

Have you talked to a RE (fertility doctor)?

10 years ago

I HATE this! It seems like everything is planned perfectly and it doesn't happen.. so then you kind of do your own thing for a month and don't worry about timing and it STILL doesn't work. I hate it.

I don't know about any of you but it makes me wonder when I see all these young teens getting pregnant.. it's like.. did you not watch your cycle? Did you not know you were ovulating? I just want to sit them down and question them on it. Ugh. Sorry to invade your thread with my rant.

10 years ago

Sofia~ My husband's insurance dropped family coverage two years ago....and with obamacare we fall "between'' making "to much'' for reasonable price plans and "not enough" to pay for the monthly charges with such a large deductible that there is little point in buying it.
So we have been pay out of pocket for everything(the plan covers very little) which means our ob wants to hold off as long as possible before sending us to FS(there are few FS that accept our insurance anyway). It's a mess.
But with all this I am not getting any younger and don't think I will be able to have kids much longer:( So we will do what we can with what we have...and hope and pray we have another baby:)

10 years ago • Post starter

Kaimarie~ I understand! I spend time at our crisis pregnancy center and see it so much it hurts my heart. EVERYTIME I am surprised at so many people(guys/gals of all ages) that have ZERO understanding of their fertility....many think you can get pregnant at any point in your cycle(not knowing it's only when and if you O) or if they use the "pull out method" you can't get pregnant or if you have unprotected sex your first time you can't get pregnant...(REALLY in 2014 SO many people still believe that after years and years of sex ed in school).
The more I hear from them the more determined I am that my kids will know better...because I have been making a fertility curriculum that covers it all for my son and daughter. They will not be taking the one in school that seems to create MORE confusion.
It's difficult when I know SO many women that just get pregnant and are so shocked(in my personal life) In the past 2 weeks I know 4 that are all 2-2.5 moths pregnant! I am happy for them but.....mystified ...2 are just a year or two younger then me. My husband thinks we should pass on the crib ...and things to them so they can get used (we would buy more as needed:/,,, )but I not sure if he understands how HUGE that is for me. Like we are giving up.
One positive to starting my period today...I can have a glass of wine and not worry about it.
Take care.

10 years ago • Post starter

Magsplus- I couldn't imagine that... my friend had a baby and she SWEARS that the only reason she got pregnant was because she didn't go and use the bathroom right after sex.. needless to say I question her intelligence though I love her to death. It just makes me so mad. I am either 2, 1 or 0 DPO right now. I've had fertile CM since Thursday and was hurting on Monday (which is when I should have O'd) so I figured everything would time perfectly as babe and I wouldn't be able to BD for the rest of the week. So I figured it would be fine to take the day of O off.. yeah my EWCM dried up Monday night.. came back Tuesday morning dried up Tuesday night came back this morning and guess what? Dried up again tonight. So I don't know when/if I ovulated. So I'm basically out this month without ever really have being in. So. Oh well just means I can continue taking the medicine that helps me sleep at night (I have mild insomnia).

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo