Community post

Discussion

Miscarriage or Chemical Pregnancy?

Last month I started charting again after taking a three month break because tge cycle before was only 21 days which is very unusual for me. Going only on cervical fluid and when the positive result showed up I assume I ovulated on day 13. On CD 19 I had brown discharge which has never happened at that point in my cycle before, only the day before AF, so I thought I was having another weird cycle. That went on for two days and on CD 21 there was nothing not even cervical fluid. The next day CD 22 I was scheduled to start up a previous med that you're not supposed to take while pregnant and since things had been so strange including heartburn from cereal I decided to use a generic test I had lying around the house. It was the faintest positive ever. I was shaking and excited but aware that it could be false pos, since I have never seen two lines in a test before and I'd never felt so pregnant before I was still vry excited. I went to the store and bought a pkg of first response the ones you can do 6 days before your period is due. That afternoon I got 2 less faint positives and the next morning another. I told my guy we were so happy blah blahblah... I made an appt for the day AF was due, CD 25 but by that morning I was spotting bright red blood and having pretty bad cramping, I went in anyway and after a urine and blood test we determined it didn't stick. The spotting stopped by that night and AF showed up 3 days late and lasted 8 days. I'm just wondering if this was a chemical pregnanccy or a miscarriage? My doctor did not take the time to explain much to me jut said he was sorry and sent me in my way. I know something differnt than my usual cycles was happening cause by CD 12 this month my nipples were leaking when squeezed but only for one day and I ovulated the next day. That has nevr happened before either and I chalk it up to whatever it was last cycle having an effect on my body still. Any advice on how to deal with all of this would be great, as well as what you think about things nott sticking. :) Thanks so much.

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I also want to add I'm 6dpo right now and feeling alot of the same strange for me symptoms as last month. I'm terrified of this happening again, what can I do to lower the worry and anxiety I'm feeling? Any suggestions at all from others in my situation would be lovely, words of encouragement or even questions. Anything to not feel so alone. :(

10 years ago • Post starter

Hope you're doing okay. My understanding is that once the embryo has implanted, any loss after that is a miscarriage. Getting pregnant right away is definitely possible; my son was conceived the cycle after my D&C from my first m/c. Started bleeding with my 2nd m/c yesterday (4weeks), so I definitely understand the fears. Once you get PG again (or if you already are since your last post was three weeks ago), it's hard not to be afraid, but just know that this early in the game, there's really nothing you can do or not do that will change the outcome. Just try and stay optimistic, eat healthy, get rest, and enjoy time with your partner. Easier said than done, but it's all you can do. Fingers crossed that you'll have a happy and healthy pregnancy soon!

M/C @10wks Jan 2008 DS born 10/22/2008 Diagnosed with lupus July 2013 M/C @4wks Mar 2014 BFP April 6th! EDD 12-16-14 Praying for a sticky, healthy baby!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo