Community post

Discussion

Obese and TTC my first

I am overweight... 309lbs to be exact and am 5' 8". I do carry it well however was told by my dr that until I lose weight I cannot go to a fertility clinic. I had trouble TTC a few years ago and did 3 rounds of clomid with no success. I was given metformin to help try and lose some weight as my weight is around the middle and can be a sign of insulin resistance. I am not diabetic and my sugars are perfect. Ive also just come off birth control pills on January 31. Was on them as Ive never had a regular cycle. My question is, has anyone ever come off BC pills and gotten pregnant the first cycle with the help of metformin?

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I would be interested to know if the metformin is helping you lose weight. I have been tested for diabetes a lot too and it does not show.

I'm losing weight by dieting I've lost 5 kg. I'm trying to get my BMI down to 27 (It should be 25). I am the same height as you 5'8.

I've also had three rounds of clomid with no success. BMI was 27 - then I fell pregnant naturally (I put on more weight then)! It took about 3 years though to get pregnant.

There is a closed facebook group called 'Reboot with Joe' if you are interested in the diet I am doing.

After juice fasting I plan on doing low carb, no sugar

10 years ago

I'm not sure if its 100% the metformin or not but have managed to lose 2 pounds in a week. I've also changed eating habits and am exercising so that may have something to do with it....

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo