Community post

Discussion

newbies :) stupid question

This is the first month my husband and I are trying to conceive. Hes a long haul truck driver so we didn't get to do the deed on the day I believe I ovulated.

First day of last period: January 24 2014

Believe I ovulated February 7th 2014

Did the deed February 9,10 & 11th

Today 10 days past ovulation I feel like aunt flow is knocking on my door. PMS to the max! Cranky bloated sore boobs tired.

Here's the question: did having sex so late after ovulation make us miss the boat? Is it even likely to conceive in such an instance? On months he can't be home during ovulation is it worth getting excited about?

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

How do you know what day you ovulated? As far as I'm aware, your egg has to be fertilised within 12-24 hours so if you ovulated and then BD a day or two later, chances aren't great for conceiving. You can conceive if you BD in the four days before ovulation since sperm stay alive inside you for a bit longer, more like 3-5 days, so they can be in there waiting for the egg to be released! I'm no expert but I think once ovulation has passed, that's the window closed for that month.

Although, pinpointing ovulation is not always so easy. It might change every month depending on how regular you are, and BBT charting only tells you that you did ovulate so it can't predict it in advance.

My DH works offshore so I'm in the same boat. I'm 18dpo right now, well that's what I thought but I'm wondering if I've worked out ovulation wrong as I haven't been charting long enough to really get a good pattern, and I've got a 35 day cycle so it's hard to guess when O might be! I would probably suggest getting to know your cycle, so you can be confident when you've ovulated, then you don't need to be wondering "what if" when the fertile window has already passed.

Good luck!!

10 years ago

Thank you so much for your reply! Im glad im not the only one whose partner is away during this adventure of baby making lol. I don't really know when I ovulated haha im just going by mood, libido,mucus and boobs signals. I experienced all those things on the 7th and they subsided over the following day or two. So anyway im clueless :) my husband is due back this weekend fora day or two and if I hhaven't started my period we will test. He wants to be here when I test. So here's to having patients!!! I also have a long cycle 33-35 days. .

* Baby dust galore :) *

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo