Community post

Discussion

D&E 10 days ago still positive pregnancy blood and urine

I have been ttc for awhile, I was on the depo shot last year in october, Found out I was pregnant in april, went in for my 10 week ultrasound and there was no visable fetal detection, just a gestational sac and no baby (Blighted Ovum) I was only showing 6weeks3days. I was devastated, waited a week repeated my sonogram and nothing had changed so I opted for the D&E the next day.

* 10 days later I go in for my follow up and they did a urine pregnancy test and it was a full blown positive. They checked me out ( a little brown blood left over tmi spotting) got a sonogram done and they said everything was cleaned, no extra tissue so they cant tell me why Im still showing up positive. Ordered blood work, it was 121.6 and I was 11 days post D&E. I am supposed to repeat it in 48 hours so now I just have to wait around.
My mr and I did have sex between 4 and 9 days after the procedure (couldnt resist) he did pull out all times but now Im wondering if its a possibility.

My doctor told me there was no way I could ovulate that soon but my nurse said my hcg levels should be down below 5 or close to it and they arent near it. I guess we will see if they double or decrease. I couldnt imagine getting pregnant so soon after the D&E. I would be scared of the risks of another blighted ovum any experience with any of this?

0 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo