Community post

Discussion

What to expect now?

Hi Ladies
Here I am again as I can't sleep. As devastated as I am, the "not knowing" really isn't helping. I would really appreciate it if anyone would be willing to share their experience or offer any advice on what to expect now.

To sum up my current situation:
I am 8 weeks & 1 day
Extremely light spotting (2-5 drops of blood total per day) on and off since early last week
Started spotting a bit more 2 days ago (Wednesday)
Light bleeding yesterday (Thursday) and today (Friday)
US this morning confirmed there was no heartbeat-baby stopped developing around 5 weeks

I am choosing to have a natural miscarriage if possible. I have experienced almost no cramping as of yet. However, over the past 3 hours I have began to have some lower back pain (minimal, I would rate it at a 3 on a scale of 1-10).

How soon should I expect for the heavy bleeding/cramping to begin? I bled a little bit after the US this morning but have seen no blood at all for about the past 14 hours.

Will I be able to tell it is coming or will it be very sudden?

Any advice anyone could offer would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I have no advice to offer, just a hug.... *hug*

10 years ago

I have no advice either I'm afraid as I had an ERPC last month after my MMC.

Just sending you lots of hugs x x

DD: Born 5 weeks 4 days early on 28/07/12 Lil Beany - MMC at 8 weeks gone but never forgotten 17/01/14 User Image

10 years ago

Thank you ladies! I appreciate the support :)

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi there,

I just came across your thread as the same thing is happening to me just now. I am truly so sorry for your loss, it is such a horrible feeling when no foetal heartbeat is seen.

I was seeing the early pregnancy assessment team originally due to suspected ectopic (which turned out a false alarm) though they noted the heartbeat was less than they'd like, I was brought back in 3 days later and the heartbeat looked slightly stronger and baby had grown by 3 days, after a week my DH & I were back again for a follow up and told there was no HB and baby had stopped developing just after our last scan, this would have been out 2nd child and we are deviated. Like you I'm hoping to have it happen naturally, though are really struggling with the waiting, I had severe cramps last night and thought this was it starting, but nothing, how are you feeling now? xx

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo