Community post

Discussion

Miscarriage confirmed by Dr. this morning at 8 weeks, 1 day

Happy Valentines Day! I am writing this post as a way to vent (so I apologize beforehand if it is too long) but any advice or suggestions are appreciated.
After TTC for 1 year and 3 months, I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago today and at that time was 6 weeks, 1 day along in my pregnancy. I was beyond ecstatic!
I had very light spotting (brown colored) on and off for a couple of days between 6 weeks, 6 days and 7 weeks, 2 days. The spotting was extremely light, only about 3-5 small drops per day.
I then had no spotting or bleeding at all for the next 4 days.
Two days ago, at which time I was 7 weeks, 6 days, the spotting started again. It was again light and pinkish/brownish in color.
Then yesterday the spotting turned into light bleeding. It was light enough that I could have worn 1 pad all day and not filled it, but the blood began to turn to more of a red in color which really worried me. I called my nurse late yesterday afternoon and she scheduled me to come in first thing this morning for a vaginal ultrasound. By this morning the bleeding had gotten a bit heavier but still was not enough to fill 1 pad in an entire day. I have had no cramping or pain whatsoever since I began spotting.
I went in this morning and had the ultrasound. After looking at all the images, my Dr. explained that they were unable to find a heartbeat and that it looked like the baby had stopped developing at about 5-6 weeks. She said she saw two sacs which could mean twins but she believed that one of the sacs was just filled with water and therefore it was not twins. She explained that I am having a miscarriage and gave me my options. I have chosen to try and pass the baby naturally.
As of today, I would have been 8 weeks, 1 day. As I said earlier, the spotting began 9 days ago and the light bleeding began 2 days ago. Can anyone offer any advice on when I can expect for the heavier bleeding/cramps to begin? My Dr. explained that it will be painful and I will want to be home when it happens, but how do I have any idea when that will be? I work full time so I would like to know if I should plan days off and if so how will I know when to take off?
If anyone could offer any advice or suggestions, I would really appreciate it. This is just to much to take all in right now.

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi first of all I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm new to this sight to so no idea what I'm doing. But I have has 3 babies and 2 mc! Everyone is different and I can only tell you of my experience. I was 7 weeks pregnant then had some spotting just like you. Went to elarly pregnancy unit and that's when they told me :( it was just a day or 2 later that they heavy bleeding started and boy it's was agony!! But I was told to stay on my feel and let gravity do the work as lyin down slows the prosess and then might need a dnc! The pain lasted for 9 hours and I was in tears for days. It's not a nice thing for anyone to go through I wish you all the best and chin up!! Xxxxx
P.s I'm still kinda wondering about this twin thing?

10 years ago

Thank you! I appreciate you sharing your experience.
As far as the two sacs, I may be explaining it wrong because after she said the word miscarriage, everything else was a blur. My Dr. showed me my ultrasound photos. You could clearly see one sac which was maybe 1 1/2 inches X 1 1/12 inches in diameter in the photo. In that sac, she showed me the baby. Then right next to that sac there was another sac, this sac was much smaller, maybe 1/3 inch X 1/3 inch in diameter. She said something like she could see two sacs which could indicate twins, but because the one sac was so small and she did not see anything in it she believed it was just filled with water.
Again, thank you for your response.

10 years ago • Post starter

Oh ok i see now I'm not sure how the whole twin thing works but I thought that when having twins everything is on the smaller side can this mean it's to early to see things correctly or is there a follow up appointment? I only ask because my friend was pregnant then mc only for a couple months later des coverd she was pregnant agin or so she thought. But turns out the docs missed the twin thing and she had a healthy baby boy. As crazy as that sounds? I hope all turn out well for you and in the futer when ur ready u can get your BFP! Xx

10 years ago

Again I'm sorry for your loss! But if your really this unsure maby you should speak to your doctor I only say this because it's your right to be sure what's going on. I am not sure about this but is it not true when having twins one develops slower than the other this making it hard to determine if one baby survived? I could be totlay wrong and don't want to give you false hope but I think you should know and take someone with you who will ask the questions you were not able to at the time? As I know it's hard when u get bad news to think of anything? Good luck xxxxx and sorry if I'm over stepping!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo