Community post

Discussion

TTC after a devastating ectopic pregnancy.

This is my first time sharing this experience. It was hands down the worst experience of my life. Either I had the worst ob-gyn or really bad luck. I went to see the him at around 5 weeks when I already had a +hpt. I had all the regular symptoms like nausea, fatigue, etc. also craved watermelon like crazy. It was pretty early in my and John's relationship(6 months). The dr confirmed pg, but couldn't hear a heartbeat and thought maybe it was still a little early. Next appt was 2 weeks later, still no heartbeat but bloodwork showed I was indeed still pg. My hcg hadn't doubled every 2 days as expected. Maybe I was a little naive, but trusted the dr to tell me if it was normal. I also started experiencing acute sharp pain on my right side- which I was told was normal. Looking back, WTF! So, the dr thought it would be a good idea to have my blood checked 3x's a week. The vampires made my arms look like a junkie. Finally, at 9 weeks, I was scheduled to have D&C which did nothing (again WTF cuz a D&C wouldn't reach my tubes). Of course there wasn't any tissue in my uterus so I was given 2 rounds of methotrexate right after surgery. I was told it "would remove and dissolve any traces of it". Awesome bedside manor. I went home to recover and a week later I felt the most excruciating pain I've ever felt. I couldn't take it anymore and told DH (dating for only 6 mos at the time) to call the doctor. He said to get to the hospital and he would have another dr in his group (who I've never met) meet me as he was at a bar mitzvah and couldn't leave. Another WTH moment. I get to the hospital and John carries me inside cuz I couldn't walk. I'm in the worst pain and they wouldn't give me any pain meds cuz my blood pressure was 80/42. My tube had ruptured and hemorrhaged about a liter of blood. I just remember DH holding one hand, my father holding my other hand, and my mother stroking my hair. I woke up in a room with IV's attached and a morphine drip sans Fallopian tube. I've tried to reconcile what happened the best I can, but sometimes it's difficult to understand why a professional who specializes in obstetrics could not be competent/able to diagnose an ectopic pg in 5 weeks. Subsequently, if I was unable to have reached the hospital when I did, they gave me an hour to live. I am thankful to be alive even with only 1 tube left.

The fairy tale ending is: I married the man, we bought our first house together, opened a business, are currently outnumbered with animals, and ttc our first. Thanks for reading and baby dust to all!

TL:DR- lost my baby an my right tube 10 weeks pg. ttc #1 6dpo after getting myself back in the right mindset.

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Welcome to CTP and babydust to you now that you are ready to try again ..... quite a few of us here have had a loss *hugs* to you

10 years ago

@Opalfoxy Thanks for the welcome. I'm thankful for the internet and some new friends who understand this particular set of circumstances. Although I'm very sorry any of us has to experience the heartache.

I'm hoping for my soon and will be checking in 3 more days. Good luck and !!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo