Community post

Discussion

Did I have a chemical pregnancy?

I am 13dpo today, it's my first month BBT charting, and this month I've been noticing symptoms that I don't usually get for the past week or so. Exhaustion, mild cramping, headaches, and the past couple days hip and leg pains too. My BBT was up after Ov, then dropped on 10dpo and rose again, and yesterday I had a very faint positive on HPT, but this morning BBT was right back down and BFN...have I just had a chemical pregnancy?!?!

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Do you want to put a link to your chart on here for me to have a look at? Temps can jump around a bit even if you are pregnant, and 13dpo is still very early. I have seen charts with complete drops to pre ovulatory temps and the women went on to have health pregnancies. I suppose you don't know how long your luteal phase normally is if you haven't charted before?

10 years ago

I don't exactly know how to link my chart but to be honest I'm probably reading too much into it, when I said my first month charting I probably should have said first week haha! So I don't know what my temp was at the start of my cycle or what my body normally does each month. Not exactly sure when I ovulated, but have a regular 35-day cycle so was guessing at about 16-day luteal phase. Although I suppose it could be shorter. When I started recording my temp it was up at about 36.6C (97.8F) then suddenly dropped to 36.3C (97.34F) one morning, then it was steadily rising back to original temp and got a faint positive HPT but suddenly dropped back to 36.3C (97.34F) again yesterday and got BFN! But temp this morning is back to 36.6C (97.8F) so I'm thinking yesterday might just have been a fluke, I don't really know what can make BBT drop but I'd been lying in bed awake for an hour before temping so maybe that? Plus I used Predictor test yesterday and I've just checked the reviews on here, they are mostly pretty terrible! So, I'm not giving up hope just yet. I'm not due AF until Sunday, and I'm not out this month until the witch shows up right?!?!

10 years ago • Post starter

Your temps will definitely not be accurate if you don't take it the moment you wake up. Two years charting experience and lots of insomnia speaking here!

Are you using a regular thermometer? My BBT one shows 2dp which is definitely recommended if you are charting BBT.

I don't know that brand of test. That's great about seeing a positive the other day though! Hopefully the line starts getting darker soon!

10 years ago

I just have a normal thermometer, I think I will get a better one. I've been trying to temp the moment I realise I'm waking up and it's been more consistent the past few days, but I think oral temp is not as accurate for me. I've had a bit of a cold, maybe I'm sleeping with my mouth open? I'm not testing today, I'm due tomorrow so trying to hold out just that bit longer before trying again!! Hate the disappointment of seeing BFN; if AF turns up tomorrow it will be horrible! Fingers crossed though, not giving up hope just yet! Thanks for advice!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo