Community post

Discussion

My TTC story

In 2011 after 10 months of TTC I fell pregnant with our daughter. At 23wks 4days I went into labor. My angel passed shortly after birth. I was diagnosed with an incompetent cervix. A few months after that my husband and I found out we were expecting again. This time at 16 weeks we had a preventative TVC placed. We were told we had a 85% of carrying to full term and he was growing perfectly. Just 4 weeks after having the TVC placed I once again went into labor. This time I had funneled all the way down to the cerclage and had bulging membranes. We were told there was nothing we could do to save him. At 20 weeks our 2nd angel was born. We were told if we want to try again I would need an abdominal cerclage which carries a 95% success rate. However it is more invasive and I would need surgery to get it done but in all honesty after two losses I needed a break. My husband needed a break. We couldnt face the possibility of getting pregnant and losing another child. Shortly after getting married we decided to give TTC another chance. Ive never had "regular" cycles. They have always seemed to longer than normal. After a year of trying with no results we went to the dr. This doctor suspected I had PCOS and referred me to a different dr. That dr took one look at me and said I didn't have PCOS i was just too fat to get pregnant. I was let down depressed and TTC was really just taking a huge emotional toll on us. After a 6 month break I did the only thing I could. I went to the internet and learned about vitex. I began taking femaprin (vitex/b-6) along with EPO and prenatals in December. On January 31st after a year and half I finally got a BFP. We were beyond excited and grateful. Sadly on February 6 I started bleeding. I was told its a chemical pregnancy. I am feeling so defeated and lost. All we want is to finally bring our rainbow baby home and it seems like it is never going to happen. Why do things like this happen to all the women who really do want children????? UGHHHHHH I am so frustrated!

User Image

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Your stories heart breaking - sending you a huge hug xx

10 years ago

A huge Hug for you!
I am feeling the same way you are right now.
I hae a DR telling me I need to drop more weight and I will succeed.. I am trying as hard as I can but its a very rough journey.
Emotions are going crazy and having all my friends with babies are babies on the way does not help me at all.
I never heard of the stuff you said you were taking and am going to look into. I am ready and willing to try anything at this point in time.
I pray that you will someday get to have the precious child you so desire and deserve.

10 years ago

Thank you both of you. It's so frustrating sometimes when Dr's won't listening to you. I'm glad I finally found someone to listen but now I'm dealing with all my labs are fine hormone levels are all well within their range :/ lol I guess I'm just broken. Lol wish u all good luck and tons of babydust.!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo