Community post

Discussion

When did you tell parents?

Hi Guys! So, I;m curious when people decided to tell their parents? I'm asking because I took a pg test today and I think there's a faint line there. So assuming there is - I have a family event this weekend and next weekend with both sets of parents and it would look SUPER suspicious if I didnt drink, but I feel like it would be just way too soon to tell. If I lost it, I don't know how I'd feel telling both sets of parents that. I dont know, curious to know others experiences with that!

User Image

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Congrats!!!!
We'd always planned to wait until the first scan.... However, we were so excited (&perhaps because it was Xmas eve when we found out) we told them the same day. Sadly a few days later "my Christmas dream" started to show signs of coming to an end :-(
However, I'm happy I told them, they were fantastic support & I couldn't imagine going through the hell & trying to hide it from them.
Really sorry my post is rather negative, (actually thinking of deleting it)
I can understand why you wouldn't want to tell people because you're worried, (I'm sure you'll have a very healthy nine months)
I'm just waffling now - congrats again xx

10 years ago

If you don't want to tell them you can blame not drinking on having a cold.

10 years ago

We found out on Friday 1/17 and told parents/ siblings that Sunday and Monday. It was a long hard road of TTC (2.5 years) so there was no way we could hold it from them.

We waited until our 7 week u/s with RE to start telling close friends and will make the "official" public announcement after our first OB appointment on Monday (I will be 10 weeks).

Just do what's right for you! The only thing I would caution against is making the public (ie, facebook) announcement too early. My SIL posted on facebook the DAY she got her BFP and found out a couple weeks later the baby hadn't progressed basically past the day of her HPT. SO that's all my advice :)

User Image

10 years ago

This is my 3rd pregnancy since September... so I CANNOT keep it in. Only 9DPO and positive and I've told my mom and best friends.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo