Community post

Discussion

Symptoms of Chemical Pregnancies

Last year we had a surprise pregnancy. Surprise because I was on the pill and wasnt expecting it at all. So i wasn't paying attention to any of the symptoms during the two week wait. However, at six weeks I had the worst lower back pain. I was convinced it was just to normal twinges and pains of pregnancy. But the following day I woke up i was spotting. We went to the ER and I was told i had a threatened miscarriage which as the day progressed became a complete miscarriage.

My fiance and I started ttc this year. Last month i had what i was convinced were symptoms of pregnancy because I had never experienced them before AF. I had hip pain, leg pain, cramps, slight back pain, runny nose which lasted a day (could have been a cold). But 14dpo I had that horrible back pain again. I couldnt even stand for any amount of time. Then the following day AF came and all the 'symptoms' went away when AF came. I hadnt taken a pregnancy test coz I was waiting to miss AF but I'm convinced I had another chemical pregnancy.

Has anyone else who has had a chemical pregnancy experienced this severe back pain?

I'm 6dpo and experiencing ovulation like cramps, hip pain, leg pain, slight back ache, headache, stuffy nose. I'm really looking forward to a BFP, but the slightest back ache and I feel like I'm going to have another chemical pregnancy.

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I actually just had one a few weeks ago. :( I took a test 4 days early and it came out positive, so I was so excited. TOok another one a few days later and it was positive again. I had a major headache the day after the 2nd test was taken and started bleeding the next day. I went to the dr the next day and they did a pregnancy test and it was negative. It broke my heart. I had boob pain, sick feeling, headaches, tired, and cramps, back and abs. I would have never known if I hadn't taken that test so early. I wish I wouldn't have known. :( I guess it is much more common that we think.. Dr said it happens in at least 30% of pregnancys and we just know about them now because of the early tests available. We are trying again, and I feel the back pain, exhaustion, crazy dreams, cramps, mood swings, but it could also be period pains, I don't know. FX for me.

I am so sorry you went thru this, but I am going to wait from now on to take a test .... Hurts too bad.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo