Community post

Discussion

Told to prepare for m/c... When will I bleed?

Hi,

I'm so devastated over the news that I have been given today and I am really just looking for some advice..

I found out I was/am pregnant on the 5th of June, I was so happy and have been desperate for this for 3 years, I have had some pain in my ovary but assumed it was just implantation, I went to the doctors just to be sure everything was fine on the 10th my hcg results came back 268 which was normal, I was told to go to the hospital on the 12th for more tests which I did but my results only went to 342 when they were meant to double, I have been an anxious wreck and blame myself for going to the doctors in the first place, maybe things could have been okay.. I went back today and unfortunately they have dropped to 304, I've had scans and hasn't showed much so have the hospital on Tuesday to ensure they are dropping...

Im devastated I feel so broken hearted and I don't feel anything will ever be okay, the only thing that would make everything okay right now is having this baby but unfortunately it's not going to happen...

I'm basically wondering how long will it take for me to start bleeding? I Hate waiting about and wondering when it's going to happen I just feel everything's too much right now..

Thank you and I'm sorry if yous are going through losses too x

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Oh hun I'm so sorry for you if it has not happened then Iwould say the next 24 hours it will. Me and my partner have been trying for 3 years and we have had the same thing happen to us 2 years on and were still keeping our fingers crossed for the future x

wendyhhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

8 years ago

Thank you for your reply, I didn't think anyone would actually reply to me but I really appreciate yours. I'm such a mess I don't know what to do with myself I have the hospital tomorrow but have no had any bleeding yet it's just waiting, I'm not sure how I'm going to cope as I feel I'm not now :( good luck to you too x

8 years ago • Post starter

I too had an early miscarriage this year back in March, I had my first doctors appointment scheduled at 8 weeks and prayed every night that I was to have a safe and healthy pregnancy.

The day finally came for my long anticipated appointment, my husband and I were so excited. As I was getting my very first ultrasound ever, I could tell there was something wrong by the look on the doctors face. I was only measuring to be about 5 weeks pregnant. It was way too early to detect a heartbeat, they had given me a few options to help me better understand what was happening, all too confused this being our first time, we still had false hope that some how I ovulated later than I supposed. Meaning, everything would catch up and my levels would raise and soon enough everything would be okay.

until the next morning when I woke up and wiped with some blood. My husband and I both got so nervous and anxious and went to the emergency room. I wasn't even feeling as though I was miscarrying and we both still continued to have false hope. After spending the whole day in the emergency room and after they ran all the tests I was still considered "threatened miscarriage" so they sent us hope while we still thought we were going to be okay. the very next morning I woke up to lots of blood, knowing it was over.

there is no time to tell when you will start bleeding, for me it i think it took about 3 weeks for my body to recognize it was time to get rid of it. When it happens, keep your husband by your side and take some tylenol extra strength as soon as you start bleeding, it will probably take about 3 days for the whole process, its important to take some pain medication because it can be painful at some points. The best thing to know is that your body is designed to do this, so trust your body.

there is no words to describe the emptiness you feel as your body goes through something like that. 3 months later we still have heavy hearts, but we are now actively trying again. It does get easier as you go on. It helps me to think that there is a hidden plan for all of this even though I cannot figure it out, I know it will all make sense when we finally have a beautiful healthy baby.

I wish you the best of luck and am so so sorry

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo