Community post

Discussion

PCOS & TTC

I'm 22 and was diagnosed with PCOS at age 11. Doctors now say I shouldn't be worried, as I have regular periods. But I have been TTC for 4 months and nothing. But now I'm 18-20DPO and haven't gotten AF, but BFN seem to love me :(. I'm usually semi regular. & Now all of the sudden my period is MIA & I'm just fearing that my so called "inactive" PCOS is becoming just the opposite :( I'm just looking for advice and help from other ladies in a similar position. I really could use some support right now.

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi there. PCOS causes you to ovulate irregularly, or not at all. It doesn't affect your luteal phase. So if you are 100% sure you ovulated then you could be pregnant. Either that or something else weird is going on. If I were you I would go and get a blood test in the next few days if you don't get an answer one way or the other. By the way how do you confirm ovulation?

Try to stay positive, you are so early on the TTC journey! I know that probably doesn't help you much to think of that as each cycle is an agony of waiting and hoping. I have PCOS and can ovulate anywhere from CD9 to CD31. We have now been trying for over 2 years. But, even healthy people can take a long time to conceive. One of my best friends has absolutely nothing wrong with her, or him, and it took them 2 1/2 years to conceive. So try to stay hopeful as getting upset won't help with TTCing either!

10 years ago

Hi Little. Hope you don't mind if I join in. I was just diagnosed with PCOS. But I do have regular periods (26-28 day cycles) and I am ovulating according to opk's. However I just found out women with PCOS can test positive but in fact not ovulate. So I started temping this cycle with a bbt thermometer and I think that will help to confirm ovulation. My DH and I have been trying since Sept 2013, but I had a feeling something wasn't right so I had an ultrasound and blood work done.

Best of luck to you and sending tons of baby dust your way!!!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo