Community post

Discussion

THE MALE HEADACHE...What is you medicine?

So us planning, trying has me a little too happy and got me a little inside my own head I think. We have other factors that make this seem to me impossible but the biggest for me right now is it take two to make a baby... he has a very labor intensive job and work 12+ days most of the time 7 days a week, so this presents two problems he is tired all the time or if he gets a day off he is not really in the mood and just wants to relax, go have fun, do things he can't do when he's working. I know he is just tired but as a woman when you can't entice your man into any BD it makes you feel "unsexy", plus my already depression issues makes this tough. I am trying my own advice of the "being a teenager again" (only because teen pregnancy seems to be working so well SMH) but with both of us so tired from work and the "I'm tired" shoot down each time I try ends up upsetting me more. I have tried dressing up or "down" per say, stroking his ego big time, but usually it either takes force to get some. Seriously I have been tempted to start slipping him the "blue pill" j/k. Anyone else feel they get the I'm tired line too often and need ideas on spicing up things. Here's what my advice for you is that I have used and recommend to add to a list... Part of me thinks when it come to TTC we should at least try a couple times (while knowing/ have a good idea of our ovulation date) do your baby dance as if your a teenager trying not to get caught doing the naughty... backseat of the car, sneak into your old room while parents are home, make up a list of place to try to the BD but not get caught doing it. Who knows what could happen either you end up prego or you have given you and your partner a period to just really relax to the whole situation and may allow for better chances in the following months...
Oooh you know if this forum got going well enough it might be a fun one to help us unwind and maybe we can make it a challenge page such as I challenge all of those who are reading this before your next cycle is up BD in the backseat of a car. Bonus pts to who can pull it off at a lovers lane or romantic location...if you daring enough share a photo of the beautiful view of your lovers lane the overlook, blue sky, clouds, stars or moon (and not your partners though )

User Image

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I totally here you. Mine is working away from home 3 days a week. Luckily he is always home at the weekends but that said, response I usually get is "too tired", "one is enough", "let nature take its course" or " there is plenty time to try for another!" Really? I will be 40 in November and our only child is 8.

9 years ago

I hear that! My hubby works anywhere from 40-60 hours a week. He's a maintenance tech for the community we live in, which means even when he's not working, the phone rings... There are other employees, and an on-call schedule, yet his phone rings anyway.

We have 2 kids already, so we have the added challenge of finding alone time even when he IS in the mood without someone knocking on the bedroom door!

We try to mix it up! Our favorite? Sneaking out into the yard after the kids are in bed. :-D The community is pretty quiet, and there's a perfect spot between our porch and the shed where we're in shadows and not visible. It keeps things interesting!

And without these little tactics, we'd probably never make love, so it pays to keep it interesting, so even when he's tired I can talk him into it!

9 years ago

Great to know we are not alone. Thanks for the tips and good luck.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo