Community post

Discussion

Need to vent... So frustrated with all if this

I feel like I am at the end of my rope. Or just about. I feel like I need a moment of honesty in a place where everyone on here knows what it's like. We have been TTC 3 years now.
It drives me insane inside when my DH says "oh but we really haven't given it a good try yet. This being said after I asked him if we could please start saving for ivf. I'm thinking, "what do you mean we haven't given it a good try?" I monitor every month ever peep my body does we have been through 6 IUI's, u don't even know how many hormones monitored cycles. Trying from home, FINALLY got a positive ad 6 days later we lost it. Who's not trying exactly?

All I just want is for someone to just tell me straight up "honey, you can't have it . You can't have the only thing you have ever wanted. " I think I would be ok with that. Better to know there is and end in sight and mourn the loss than to keep hoping and waiting. It's killing me that it seems everyone in my family and friends are getting pregnant. I get to see sonagrams and have to pretend I am happy for them when really... I don't care. I don't care your dreams are coming true and your arms are filled. For the ones I know have been trying a long time I'm ok but the ones that sneeze and get a positive. Or are mad they tried for two months and what took them so long.

I've decided I am giving myself until my 35 birthday that's 14 months. I think that's all I have left.

For the ladies that have been doing this longer than me. You have my utmost respect, you have a strength that most people have no idea about. But for me at what point do you give up?

Something I am trying to chew thriough and I am not sure if I am doing it well. Is DH also said the if I wanted a sperm donor we would have to divorce . But is ok with the idea of donor egg or embrio. How does that work? If the is the only possible way outside of ivf I could get pregnant . What would you do? I feel trapped, denyied joy, how is it fair?

My DH is a good man. Strong willful but proud. His dad is sick with cancer and DH says he can't handle anymore than that. I can't help but feel I am letting him down because I can't give him a grandchild. What if he passes away? What do I do then.? It's my fault

Dear reader I am sorry for the vent if you have made it this far.
I just neede a moment. Normally I have been positive and optimistic , today is more challenging.

Wish me luck

6 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Wow I feel like so much of this could have come from my own head. It's reassuring to know I am not alone in this feeling of limbo, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Hi! My name is Jodi and my husband and I have been trying for our second child for 3 1/2 years. I worked out the other day it has been 40 cycles, 40 months of devastating disappointment.
I also wonder how much more of this I can take. My husband also has the same response as yours, that we haven't tried hard enough, that we should just keep 'practicing'.
I'd also give anything to be told once and for all if I should give up and move on. I feel like I could hold out if I just knew it would all work out and would happen one day. But what if that day never arrives. What then? I just wish I knew either way....

Good luck to you and your husband... I hope your dreams come true. :)

10 years ago

I am so sorry you're struggling with this the way you are hun. I felt as I read your post, as if I'd written it myself. My husband (Almost 33) and myself (32) have been TTC for almost 8 years now with one loss, and I've been watching all my friends and family have children of their own as well.

My gosh, I am so sorry that you feel like you can't do this anymore, I feel for you. My heart hurts for each and every one of us that wants something so bad and yet it's just out of reach.

You're all in my prayers and thoughts...

User Image Married to my DH since August 2006 TTC baby #1 since August 2006 Miscarriage - October 2006 I want my Here's to and !

10 years ago

Big hugs to you hunni! Sounds like you need them :-( I don't really have any advice but I really do understand and feel your pain & frustration. We all have our bad times and you're definitely not alone there!

I really hope that you realise your dream of having a child and hope that your spouse is more sympathetic (for want of a better word). I too have had a rough run where hubby is concerned as I often feel like he doesn't care. Deep down I know he does & I think it's his way of coping with the whole deal. Doesn't make me feel any better sometimes but I've also heard this from a lot of other women so think it is a coping mechanism for them, like they always have to be the strong one. I really wonder sometimes how hard it is on the men in our lives to watch us go through so much and not be able to do anything whilst also going through the same fears & doubts :-(

I thought I'd share my story in the hope that you don't feel so alone in all of this :-)

Hubby & I decided to "just see what happens" one day about 16 years ago! Since that time I feel like I've spent most of my life ttc. I have gotten to the point (many, many times!!!) where I've thought it would be easier to just give up or at least to be told that I either had a chance or I didn't.

Early on in our journey I got pregnant but miscarried at 11 weeks. We were both completely devastated and gave up even thinking about trying for a baby again for a couple of years.

When we got back into wanting to try again I started with all the charting, temps, check ups with doctors, disappointments & heartache that goes along with wanting something so bad that you think you may actually die if you don't get it.

After about 7 years (probably even earlier, if truth be told) I was at my wits end and was really considering just giving up. My heart just wasn't in it anymore & I couldn't take any more disappointment, that & hubby didn't seem the least bit worried about it. By that stage I was over 30 so was really starting to give up my dreams.

Here's where things improve :-)

We finally managed to have a beautiful baby girl in 2009 - 11 1/2 years after we had first decided that we were ready to start a family.

Out daughter really is the light of our lives and definitely the one thing that was missing. Since getting pregnant with her I suffered terrible morning sickness, depression & anxiety during pregnancy, a terrible labour & emergency c-section, about 18 months (possibly longer) of pnd and feeling completely lost for a bit. Couldn't understand any of this as I was supposed to be happy!

Despite ALL of that we decided that we needed to try to add to our little family, we would love more children and miss 4 really wants siblings. That was about 2 years ago and still trying.

Other than worrying about my age (38) I know that I can't give up. I'm so glad that I didn't give up the first time. It took YEARS (!) and almost destroyed our relationship at times but I'm so thankful that we got the chance to become parents.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that as hard as it is, I think (for me at least) it would have been even harder to give up in the long run. I try to stay focused & positive & tell myself that there's always a chance for a miracle (or menopause, but I'm hoping miracle. Lol).

I wish you all the luck in the world & hope you stick at and get the baby that you're hoping for.

10 years ago

Thank you so much ladies for sharing your stories. It's so hard to stay strong sometimes though. I appreciate you allowing me to be herd. And validating how I have been feeling.

Hugs right back to you to and hope your dreams of little feet to kiss come true too

10 years ago • Post starter

Thank you so much ladies for sharing your stories. It's so hard to stay strong sometimes though. I appreciate you allowing me to be herd. And validating how I have been feeling.

Hugs right back to you to and hope your dreams of little feet to kiss come true too

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi there..... I know this is an old post....but just wondering how things turned out for you?

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo