Community post

Discussion

What do they have we don't?

Since being on this site it got me thinking, why is it there are so many women on here who are TTC who seem to be doing everything right to "T" and having trouble. Not drinking, not smoking, taking temps, charting, calculating, testing, baby dancing so much where it become a chore more than a "score", eating healthy, planning and jumping on the roller coaster each month and having hormone attacks for two weeks during our TWW and when the BFN arrives another 2 weeks from our AF visit. - But yet we have the younger generation or the other end of the spectrum such as who are not TTC or don't need more kids - they don't chart, graph, test, treat their bodies like a temple, know their ovulation dates, or those "it takes one time", and get to Baby dance for the fun of it and don't taking precautions always seem to multiply like bunnies. Now I mean no disrespect or no offense to them but it has made me wonder how much of what science and doctors tell us to do when TTC is right? I understand if a couple has a legit medical issue taking all the extra precautions , but what about who have been poked prodded and tested and everything is normal and said it will just take time. Part of me thinks when it come to TTC we should at least try a couple times (while knowing/ have a good idea of our ovulation date) do your baby dance as if your a teenager trying not to get caught doing the naughty... backseat of the car, sneak into your old room while parents are home, make up a list of place to try to the BD but not get caught doing it. Who knows what could happen either you end up prego or you have given you and your partner a period to just really relax to the whole situation and may allow for better chances in the following months...

User Image

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I like it !!!

We instituted bed day this month - and didn't get up for anything other than bathroom breaks and pitstops...

We watched movies and listened to music and was awesome....

Last few days I've signed up to the scary rollercoaster 2WW part despite my best intentions...

Bed day sure was fun though ;)

10 years ago

I know the feeling, it's very frustrating and feels unfair that they don't realise how lucky they are. Even though on these 16 and pregnant programmes it's not the right time for them, at least they know they're capable of having kids, which is more than can besaid for the rest of us!
I was watching a programmeabout fertility last year, the consultant on there basically said that "snatched moments" may be the best way to go about getting pregnant. He said in caveman times, obviously there would be no romantic atmosphere, sex was opportunistic between running away from predators and chasing after your next meal, the adrenaline might help which could explain teenage success rates!
Being naughty may actually be the best way lol

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo