Community post

Discussion

Overweight, ttc #2 and breastfeeding #1

So I'm ttc #2. I'm overweight (90kg) and want to loose some more weight (goal weight of 80-85kg).

The problem is I'm breastfeeding #1 (8 months old) and have low energy levels due to chasing after him (fast crawler, a bit of a Houdini and already walking with the aid of furniture).

What are your exercise tips?

*** I'm in Australia so early morning/late afternoon walks are out as it's too cold and mid day walks are too hot ***

User Image

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi, Courtly! I was also overweight recently when I was diagnosed with thyroid disease. I wasn't breastfeeding (my son is four, lol) but I was exhausted and I swear I felt like I was getting bigger every minute. I invested in a treadmill. It might seem like a lot but, as moms of little ones, we can't always leave the house, nor do we feel like it, so it's a big help to be able to do it inside (fewer excuses). I started with walking in the morning before my boy awoke and then incline walking after he went down for the night. The morning walked was always being increased in speed or distance so I was always getting stronger but the incline was just to give my metabolism a boost before bed. I dropped forty pounds. It took eight months because thyroid disease is rough but I have begun running 5ks and hope, once baby number 2 is here, to start training for a half marathon. Good luck and baby dust!

User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo