Community post

Discussion

Any Military TTC Families?

View Full Post

A bit about me:
DH and I were TTC for 5 yrs before we got our 1st ever with our son; John will be 2 this September. DH went back on active duty in the US Army in January 2014, and we started TTC again then (DS was only 4 mo when we started TTC, since it took so long with him.) I have PCOS and DH has low sperm volume but the count, morphology, and motility were good. TTC one mo on Metformin alone, 6 mo on Clomid (increasing doses from 50 mg to 100 mg), 1 mo on Soy Isoflavones, then 1 mo (last cycle before DH left) I had an HSG and took Femara. Had a CP in May and July 2014, but nothing else. In September our TTC train came to a screeching halt for obvious reasons (kinda hard to make a baby with Daddy over 3,000 miles away!) Well.... DH is coming home in THREE DAYS!!! My next cycle is supposed to start on 10 June, and I've already got a 6 month prescription for Femara, my OPKs, my HPTs, and I've dusted off my thermometer to chart my BBT. I think I'm going to wait a cycle before delving into the BBT insanity though. Praying hard for a quick and a

Are there any other military TTC-ers out there who can relate and/or anyone who's DH has to go away on business for extended periods of time??

Linda

133 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 133 Replies | Last Page

So this is not TTC concerned at all, but I wanted to share some info. There's a program called the SCRA - Servicemember's Civil Relief Act that requires finance companies, credit card companies, etc to lower the interest of soldiers debts to 6% or less. All you need are a copy of DH's enlistment/deployment orders; you call the company, have them give you the fax number of their SCRA department, and fax them a copy of the orders. By the time your next statement comes out, the interest should be lowered. A lot of our credit card companies have not reduced the interest to 6% - they reduced it to 0% for the entire term of DH's enlistment! Our Pathfinder payment was lowered over $100! We just did it for the Jeep, too. ALL of our stuff has been done that way. I thought it only worked on debt that you had prior to your enlistment, but DH just used a copy of his deployment orders to Korea and got the Jeep done; it was financed through Wells Fargo. Lemme know if you are interested and I'll walk you through it! Idk how money is for y'all, but less money spent on interest is more money in your pocket!

Linda

8 years ago • Post starter

Oh yeah, we have had our car payment dropped from 12% to 4% and have 3.75% on our house payment. We don't have much debt because I'm super paranoid but money is definitely harder to come by than I really appreciate.

I think it's cute that your husband believes so strongly in this cycle... DH is kind of the same way but not very often. He's the kind to wait to get excited after it has been confirmed by a doctor. *Eye Roll* Maybe he'll be right!

User Image

8 years ago

Matt was the same way. I had 5 positive tests but didn't believe it until he heard the Dr say it the next day. I bet this time he takes me a little more seriously if I come out of the bathroom with a

Linda

Let's hope it's soon. I don't think you'd mind letting him be right this one time, right? Haha!

So it may sound silly but, since my son's birthday is two days before Christmas, we celebrate half-birthdays too. Today he is four and a half and I'm excited to celebrate with him! I am going to take him to the library and then to a movie. I can't help but do the math if I get pregnant closer to my cutoff date...he'll be nearly six...As much as I don't want a gap that big, he's so excited for a baby that I'll think they'll still be close. He's totally aware (thanks to all his cousins) what having a little sibling entails so I hope to make him feel a sense of possessiveness (it's my baby!) so they grow up with a connection.

User Image

8 years ago

User Image

I hope this uploads - It's DH and I from right before we went to the ball tonight! My feet ache (blisters on my pinky toes) and 4 other women had my effing dress on, but it was still nice. DH looks so snazzy in his blues!

Linda

*Wolf whistles* Look at you two! What a good-looking couple! You both look fantastic and I hope you had a blast (and caught that egg!).

User Image

8 years ago

Awww, thanks! We had a blast! "Oh, Liquor Shits - thy name is ME!" I wasn't even the oober drunk one! It' was supposed to be MY night to drink, but Matt is the one who ended up hammered! He's such a lightweight! He had 7 beers and 1.5 glasses of grog. I had 17 shots of Malibu and a half glass of grog, and I was the one who drove home! But not until I had gotten a video of him, SGT Ramirez and SPC Roberts doing the Cupid Shuffle! We left fairly early, but it was still a fun night! Hey, what's your name on Facebook? I was gonna add you so we could message back and forth more easily (if you're comfortable with that) but I wasn't sure which Amanda McDaniel yours was! My profile is under Linda Ann Frost.

Linda

I sent you a friend request. I didn't realize there were so many Amanda McDaniels on Facebook! It's a lot more common than my maiden name, I guess (Walthour)! I can't wait to stalk you on multiple sites. Lol!

I'm so glad you had a good time! I could use a night out like that but my husband is not a lightweight. I don't drink but for the occasional glass of wine but he is a former bartender so he can hang. Haha!

User Image

8 years ago

Hey there, lady. I sent you a pic of the FRER I took late tonight on Facebook; I'm sure you're in bed like a normal person would be! I'm not far behind - have been up packing. Matt signed out this afternoon around supper time, so he's free for the next 17 days! So I'm pretty positive that my eggo is preggo, but I won't feel comfortable shouting it from the roof tops until I see a that I can see without squinting at it for an hour. I just "feel" like we nailed it this month, ya know? And I could be totally losing my marbles, but we'll just have to see. Gonna use another Wondfo right before bed and save the FRERs for FMU. When did you say your GYN appointment was? This week, right? I know you told me, but my brains are mush. I'm so hoping that they come back to tell you to stop stressing the TTC because you're already preggers! Gotta stay positive!

On a side note: If you're a spiritual kind of woman (which I am), please say a prayer or 37 for me. Not only that this madness develops into a healthy baby, but mainly because I'll be trapped in a car for 2 days with a man (who's messier than the toddler), and the Tiny Tyrant. Actually, a nice dark would definitely come in handy in helping me to not shoot myself along the way!

Linda

We are a military family TTC. I'm on CD2 and will be taking 10 mg of Letrozole from CD3 to CD12. We have been TTC since Nov 2012 when my husband came back from Afghanistan. We have had 2 early miscarriages but I am super hopeful for this cycle.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo