Community post

Discussion

Any Military TTC Families?

View Full Post

A bit about me:
DH and I were TTC for 5 yrs before we got our 1st ever with our son; John will be 2 this September. DH went back on active duty in the US Army in January 2014, and we started TTC again then (DS was only 4 mo when we started TTC, since it took so long with him.) I have PCOS and DH has low sperm volume but the count, morphology, and motility were good. TTC one mo on Metformin alone, 6 mo on Clomid (increasing doses from 50 mg to 100 mg), 1 mo on Soy Isoflavones, then 1 mo (last cycle before DH left) I had an HSG and took Femara. Had a CP in May and July 2014, but nothing else. In September our TTC train came to a screeching halt for obvious reasons (kinda hard to make a baby with Daddy over 3,000 miles away!) Well.... DH is coming home in THREE DAYS!!! My next cycle is supposed to start on 10 June, and I've already got a 6 month prescription for Femara, my OPKs, my HPTs, and I've dusted off my thermometer to chart my BBT. I think I'm going to wait a cycle before delving into the BBT insanity though. Praying hard for a quick and a

Are there any other military TTC-ers out there who can relate and/or anyone who's DH has to go away on business for extended periods of time??

Linda

133 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 133 Replies | Last Page

Ha! He didn't eat a lunch! It's OK; we put Mickey Mouse on for John and we just bent over the kitchen sink! We may try to go again tomorrow just to have all bases covered. Oh, and I'm going to go with yesterday's OPK as + since I've had ovulation pains all day long and my OPKs keep getting lighter. It was the same color, just not the same thickness. So looks like tomorrow will be 1 DPO for me. Let the madness begin! Hoping that my mind won't be so obsessive with us going on leave next Saturday.

Linda

8 years ago • Post starter

Is next week your ball? That's one thing I wish the Air Force did more like the other branches. We have family fun days (attendance is mandatory for the airmen), bi-annual Christmas parties within each individual unit, and the occasional free event tickets (we got to see The Brothers of the Sun concert when they played in Atlanta because Tim McGraw is a huge supporter of the military). That's about it. The closest we get to a fancy dress party as enlisted is the promotion of a chief, if you know one well enough to get an invite. Hell, at the end of his last deployment, I was one of only seven people there to welcome them home because some genius scheduled their arrival for nearly midnight. It's enough to make you crazy, I'm telling you. Anyway, hopefully you have timed everything perfectly and you'll make us a next generation soldier. I am a huge patriot and supporter of the military (being the descendant of three generations and married into a family of more than that) so don't be surprised if I send your baby star-spangled diapers. Lol!

User Image

8 years ago

Ha! That would be awesome! Yeah. the ball is Wednesday. I just picked up my shoes today. I'm super stoked.

Linda

Sorry for such a short reply earlier; we had just gotten home from a crazy busy day! Had to run to Military Clothing & Sales to get a new Overseas Campaign Ribbon for DH's blues (get this: they're not awarding anyone that went to Korea the ribbon because they weren't gone a "year" can you believe that?!) He already served in Iraq, so he'd already put a #2 on the ribbon, only to find out that it was really only one. Then we went to get my ball shoes and get John a new pair of tennis shoes; that kid isn't even 2 yet and is already into a size 7! Then it was off to my Mom's house so DH could try to install rear blinkers on his Harley. He was made the Motorcycle Mentor for his whole company, but apparently post requires rear blinkers, even though the state doesn't. Not a biggie, but they weren't playing nice. So my BIL came over to help him; BIL is a certified Harley mechanic, and the Harley shop itself wanted to charge DH $215 to do it. So while they fought the bike, I went to HEB (our grocery store) and picked up some cole slaw, fruit, and an apple pie for a BBQ we were invited to last night. So then home for that, put DS to bed, then DH had to go after midnight to do a barracks check to make sure no one is doing dumb shit. Whew! I was never so glad to crawl in bed! And then I popped up like a Whack-A-Mole at 5:30 ... really?!
So I'm thinking I had a really good O this cycle. My boobs are tender and I'm pooped; not to mention I could smell the abomination DH left in my mother's bathroom yesterday from across the house! It's SOOOO hard not to get my hopes up. I know we still only have about a 30% chance even if our timing was perfect. I always do this to myself the first month, just because we got our with John the 1st month about 8 dpo. And it was a hell of a BFP too! My hcg levels were crazy high with him; at 5w0d they were 22,000+ and 2 days later they were 33,000+! I just knew I was having twins! Nope! I may cave and POAS right before we go on leave just to try to avoid any accidental alcohol consumption. I'll be 8 dpo Saturday. That's still a good 7 days before is due, but considering I O'd so early this cycle I don't think it's entirely impossible. We shall see...

How bout you? shown her ugly mug yet?

Linda

The life of a military wife... at least you weren't hosting the BBQ! Lol. I'm sorry about your hubby's ribbon but congratulations on the mentor thing! What does he do with the Army, jobwise? Are you key spouse when they're away?

Nah, hasn't shown up yet but I can feel her knocking to come in. It's funny, I'm usually hopeful but I just wasn't this cycle. I guess I knew luck wasn't on my side with all my issues from last cycle. I know we should skip this next cycle so I'm not due while on our trip but it's going to be hard. I hate wasting time, especially when the clock is already running down so quickly. 8dpo is still early, even for an alcohol accident. Actually, if you have my luck, you're more likely to get a after one and then make yourself nuts with worry (I got pregnant on my honeymoon cruise ...). Tender bbs are a good sign. Are you fatigued or getting lightheaded yet?? Keep me posted!

User Image

8 years ago

I'm not fatigued, but ATM I'm on Adipex for weight loss. I "should" stop taking it, but I was taking it when I got my with John. The day I get a + test will be my last pill. My bbs aren't super sore, just more than normal. They never hurt. They ached a tiny bit from around 5-7 weeks with John but that was it. I have been lightheaded quite a bit, but my muscle relaxer does that to me. I have a super sensitive nose though. I usually do around O, so who knows. I'm trying to keep busy so I don't obsess about it too much! My OPKs are still not as light as usual though. Gah, I'm dying for you to POAS! Dh is an 11B, which is an Infantryman. He's a grunt.

Linda

Hey, there's honor in being a grunt! Better than a lot of those uppity officers who get their jobs because they went to college rather than knowing a damn thing. They make my husband and father-in-law absolutely bonkers. It's guys like our husbands who make the free world go round!

Anyhoo, you sound like a walking pharmacy, girl! Lol! I took Phentermine after DS and lost a lot of weight, is the Adipex helping you?? My weight loss is currently plateaued because my period is coming on (yeah, she still hasn't shown...). I'm bloated and starving. I stayed healthy and on my diet but ate two helpings rather than one. I swear, I felt bottomless. I need to add some kind of exercise back in to cover the times like these when I eat more than a bird... Haha! Do you workout at all? Any tips?

User Image

8 years ago

My husband says the same things about my meds. I took the Phentermine 37.5 mg a few years ago, did weight watchers, and walked 4 miles every other day and lost 40 pounds. But the thing about it is that once you come off of it, the weight slowly creeps back up. This round The 37.5 mg didn't work hardly at all for me, and gave me terrible insomnia! So I asked the Dr to switch me to the 30 mg capsule instead of the 37.5 mg tablet and I think it's doing much better. I don't exercise (finding time with a 2 year old is hard) but I should.

DH doesn't hate officers in general, just his platoon leader! He's a 2nd Lieutenant (we call them Butter Bars) who seems to think he knows more than everyone enlisted. My husband told him, "Sir, you've never been promoted - I've been promoted 5 times and have served in combat. I win." Hilariously enough, the one and only officer DH has ever TRULY liked was my Dad; I'm a Colonel's kid! My Daddy was an Airborne Ranger with MOSQ in both Infantry and Logistics. But he was a great man and a phenomenal leader. He was ALWAYS the first of his soldiers into combat and the very last one home; even checked the mail logs while he was in Iraq to see which soldiers hadn't gotten any boxes from home. Then he would write my Mom and give her the names so we could put together a small box - mail means so much!

Linda

I suppose 'hate' is a strong word. There are some officers he likes but, in the medical field, being in a job without common sense is not only aggravating but dangerous. And my DH has never suffered fools lightly anyway. My daddy was in the service too! He was in EOD in Viet Nam with the Navy. He wishes now that he had stayed in but one tour was enough for him back then. My father-in-law has been all over. He just retired as a senior master with the Air Force, also in EOD oddly enough. He still works on base as a civilian but mainly because no one can do his job. If I can finish my weight loss, I actually plan to do some service myself. It was always my dream, carry on the family line since none of my brothers did. I'd be an officer but not in medical. My degree is in Homeland Security and Emergency Management.

Anyways, yeah, I lost fifty pounds after Phentermine the first time and it sure enough did come back! I dropped 30 pounds the second time but it also reappeared magically. It's very disappointing. That's one reason I decided to do it this way this time... I want some permanence. DH has dropped weight with my and is getting sexier before my very eyes so I have to keep up or those nurses at the hospital will try to snatch him away. Lol!

User Image

8 years ago

Ugh, I feel ya. While I was pregnant I gained 47 pounds - DH lost 30. While he was in Korea, I gained 15 pounds, he lost 20. He's so active it makes me wanna puke. Oh, and he's already started the "You're pregnant" line to me! He does it every time. Every time I smell something faint that no one else can smell, every time my boobs hurt, etc. Since I took my Femara for 10 days instead of 5, now he's going on about me having triplets. I told him that if I did, he was NOT skating by on diaper duty this time!

Linda

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo