Community post

Discussion

Ladies who've had BPF - advice needed on really unusual 2WW

Hi Ladies,

Firstly congrats to all of you who are celebrating those BFP's! Looking for some help from you all please, little bit about me. DH & I have been TTC #2 for 6 months now, without any joy. For all when TTC #1 was planned it only took 1 cycle and I wasn't symptom spotting so really dont remember much about the initial few weeks. Please bear with me this is quite longwinded! Sorry!!!

My cycles since August have been somewhat erratic, ranging from my usual 27 days all the way upto a 35 day cycle (was quite stressed at that time... lots going on). With each months getting closer to my original 27 day cycle. Anyway despite erratic cycles everything else 2ww wise has been the norm...... until present cycle.

I O'd on 26/12 - not confirmed by OPK's or anything just monitoring CM, and I always get a headache at O. we b'd on 24th, 26th, 28th and 29th so all basis should be covered. On 6-7dpo I began getting extremely sore bb's, not like pre AF sore (which i usually get 2-3 days at the most before AF) but really spongy, squidgy feeling and even when my arms brushed them - they'd hurt, lying in bed on my side or tummy was really sore and i'd have to "arrange them" to get comfy.
About 8dpo they began getting itchy, though this lasted only a day or 2. My nipples haven't felt any different to norm. My BB's still continue to really hurt - though we're at that time of cycle now it could now be pre AF pain.

On 9dpo I had a really overwhelming faint feeling about 5 mins after getting out of bed, hubby actually grabbed me as I went chalk white apparently. Then on 11dpo I got the most awful 2 day headache, couldn't shift it at all, that lasted until the start of 13dpo. I never get headaches apart from at O.

I began getting AF type cramping on 11dpo - this usually only happens in the few hours prior AF arriving and this has been going on ever since.

Sorry to drag on.... but last night 13dpo, my DH & I BD'd and after I went to the toilet, and there was blood, ! dollop of red, some smears of pink and towards the end of cleaning (sorry for major TMI) some brown streaks, I assumed AF had started and was majorly dissapointed. BUT, today no AF, still cramping and keep expecting her to be here.... but so far nothing. This has never happened to me in my life.... i don't spot, if this is what would be classed as "spotting"

I have of course tested with IC's 10miu for the past 3 days, and all BFN

Could i still be in with a chance, I know you always are until AF arrives but really ladies does any of this sound familiar with anyone?

To summarise, sore bbs', feeling faint only once though, headaches, cramping for days, blood (spotting i think), numerous -HPT's.

Please any advice appreciated. Thanks!!

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi there. I was pregnant last year (miscarried at 10 weeks) and the cycle I was pregnant I had absolutely no different symptoms in the TWW. When AF was due I had no spotting (which I normally do have) so that is what clued me in. My temps (I chart BBT) stayed high and so when I tested the day AF was due I already knew. So if I had your symptoms I would not assume I was pregnant but every woman is different! All the best :)

10 years ago

Thanks Shelob and so sorry to hear of your loss.
In all honesty I don't "feel" pregnant if that makes any sense, with my DD for all I wasn't symptom spotting I just had an inkling, though because everything this cycle is so unusual for me, and not just one or two things but what feels like loads of things I can't help but wonder. What's throwing me is if I began feeling things as early as 6dpo why wouldn't a 10miu test show as + by now. Now I know breasts can be affected prior to implantation, as soon as conception occurs some hormones are altered even though HCG hasn't been made yet, but even assuming cramps where implantation I would've expected a + by now. Think I'm probably out for this month if I'm honest with myself, just wanted some other opinions. Good luck with TTC, FX we both get that BFP soon x

10 years ago • Post starter

Tinker ell read your post. How did things pan out. Wishing you baby luck either way.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo