Community post

Discussion

6 month and still no BFP :(

We have been TTC for 6 months now and still no joy. I have a son who is 4 from a previous marriage and he was an unexpected gift :). Unfortunately my marriage broke down shortly after he was born
My partner and I decided to start trying for our own wee gift and I had the Mirena Coil removed on the 5th june 13. Since then i have had pretty much regular periods but no pregnancy.
I convinced myself that I must not be ovulating and tried a Clear Blue Digital test this month, lovely smiley face on the 20th :)
I know 6 months is nothing but it feels like an eternity and every month I have been a wreck as soon as AF arrives. I can't help but think this is never going to happen for us. Everywhere I turn, it feels like everyone else is having babies and my partner's sister is due in Feb and I'm dreading it. Not in a horrible way, she is lovely and deserves all the happiness in the world but I know my heart is going to ache. Does this sound a bit dramatic to be so upset after only 6 months? Love to hear some thoughts.

7 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

We have been trying for 7 cycles now & I completely understand how you feel!! Everyone says relax and give it time...I'm getting quite a bit impatient though! Hugs & baby dust to you:)

MandMsMomma

10 years ago

Hi Shojsco13. My husband and I are now on our 6 month of ttc our first. I know how you feel when the dreaded AF shows her face! It is very hard and frustrating. All of our friends are either pregnant or have just had their babies and I find my self getting very jealous although I am very happy for them! .My husband and I are finding it very difficult every month BFN after BFN and hope to get our BFP in January'14. I wish you all the best and lots of baby dust and your time will come! I've just had to remind myself to keep positive and my BFP will happen! Xxx

10 years ago

Thank you for your replies :)
I hope you get your BFPs. AF due in 3 days so will keep yous updated and please feel free to do the same. Its so reassuring that I'm not cracking up and that we all will get there. Xx

10 years ago • Post starter

My husband and I have also been trying for 6 months. I'm 8 dpo right now, and really hope we aren't disappointed again this month. My cycles are also really regular and consistent with the positive opks, but I'm still worried since I've never been pregnant. We are both 28. Good luck to you and keep us updated!

10 years ago

Fingers and toes crossed this is your month :)
I don't know about you guys but I'm normally quite hormonal about this time before AF, this month i feel quite calm...don't want to get my hopes up too so putting it down to being able to talk it out with people on here.

Hmmm pretty convinced AF is coming. Gave in and bought a First Response test last night (arghh I don't know why that brand, i dislike them so much because of the indentation) BFN. Why did i break?? Anyway today already I'm an emotional wreck, cried my heart out since 6am and feeling even more like this isn't going to happen. Trying not to sound too dramatic of crazy about this but I start to get so hopeless, like " have I done something wrong and this is Karma."

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo