Community post

Discussion

hpt positive, slight bleeding drs test negative

Hi i need sime advice please. I got a very faint bfp the day my period was due. Did another 4 hpt and all faint positive. Then tuesday i had a slight bleed but nothing major. Didnt even need a pad. Went to dr who did a test that was negative so he sent me for a blood test but when i got home i did a further 2 hpt. One normal and one digital both came up positive and the one i did this morning is positive too and the bleeding has stopped. Im so confused and have no idea if im pregnant or not now. Any ideas anyone? Some friends have sugessted a chemical pregnancy but i still feel pregnant and i would have expected the bleeding to continue like a normal period. Any advice would be appreciated. Ty in advance and baby dust to u all

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

When do u get ur blood results?

8 years ago

Hi kitten i get second set of blood results on tues. Frer are still coming up strong positive even without fmu. So i do t know what to think x

8 years ago • Post starter

I have unfortunately lost the baby at 5 weeks and 3 days. I began bleeding on monday this week. The first gp i saw after my bfp looked at me like i was mental as the test they did was -ve and said well i suppose we should send u for bloods to make sure u r actually pregnant. The second gp which was my own was much better. He said my hcg was low and explained that it might be due to my dates being out and recommended further bloods as their test remained -ve. I then began to bleed so i rang our local epau and the nurse i spoke to said my hcg had doubled and to keep an eye on the bleeding and if it got worse, which it did, then i was to go straight to a&e. I rang my gp surgery when the bleeding became a little worse and the gp i spoke to couldnt even get my dates correct and kept asking if we had planned the pregnancy. Why that would matter i dont know. She was so insensitive and just kept saying well yr miscarrying what do u expect me to do? Like i said the bleeding got worse so i went to a&e who were amazing but couldnt get me into the epau until this coming monday (1/6/15). While i realise that once a mc has begun there is not much that can be done i just think i should not have to wait this long for them to confirm i have lost our baby and that my gp surgery should have treated me better. It has been and continues to be a very distressing time for me and my oh, this would have been his first child. Ive had no advice on what to expect such as how long i will bleed for, when we can try again or even resume our sex life. I have had to find all this out from forums like this one and internet sites as the a&e staff werent really sure although they did give me the mc association web site. I think something really needs to be done to standardise the care women and their partners recieve. I am a nurse myself and am disgusted by my experience.

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo