Community post

Discussion

I really need your views please -bfp now heavy bleeding

Hi everyone,
I posted in the 'general' chat forum earlier this week that i had pregnancy symptoms and on Christmas day got a bfp. However the very next morning [yesterday], which is the day my period would usually start, I had bleeding -a lot of bleeding.
This bleeding carried on for the rest of the day and so I went to the chemist to get sanitary towels and spoke to the pharmacist about what I was experiencing and for them to recommend some pain relief. She told me not to worry too much as bleeding can be normal about the time of my period in my first month of pregnancy. However last night the bleeding was heavier and there's still some bleeding this morning.

I also read that sometimes bleeding occurs because the hcg level is not yet high enough to stop a period occuring in the first month of pregnancy.

I am confused and concerned because the bleeding is very very heavy [heavier than a normal period], with phases of dark red and bright red, and with clots. All of this I know is symptoms of miscarriage. I had pain yesterday like period pain, but then last night my body only was sore in places there were tender prior to the bleeding [pregnancy symptoms] such as sore breasts, a certain place on my lower abdomen and just above my belly button which I believe is to do with the uterus growing [attach to the muscles above it]. Right now I dont have any pain anywhere.

So please can you give me your honest opinion -do you think I have miscarried or have I just had a 'normal' [the internet says this is common apparently] first month of pregnancy bleed at the time of my period, albeit very very heavy?

I am planning on doing another test later to see if it shows a positive, although I have read that it can take a while sometimes for the hcg to drop if it's a misscarry. I'll then see the doc.
It's annoying as I am at my husband's family's house for Christmas and they don't know I am/was pregnant and what I am now going through so I have to keep smiling and keeping up appearences :(
Going home today though.

Thanks in advance for your feedback on whether you think I have miscarried or not.

9 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

Just to add, I've just started getting the twinges above my belly button and in the certain place in my uterus again [preg symptoms]. It's all Very confusing :(

10 years ago • Post starter

First of all I wouldn't like to comment on what's going on with your symptoms and bleeding but can offer an ear to talk to while your waiting. There is nothing worse than feeling like your "alone" at a time like this and talking helps. Sending a [hug] x

User Image

10 years ago

Thank you, I really appreciate it :)
I cant tell really what my body is doing. The bleeding flow has reduced a bit and clotting more or less stopped which I guess is good. I'm still getting twinges in my tummy [feels like preg symptom], but I guess different parts of my body haven't caught up with other parts yet...

This is so annoying. I'll see about getting a docs appoint soon.

It's good that the bleeding has slowed. I would get a doctors appointment as soon as you can to ease your mind. Are you home now at least and have you spoken to your OH about it all yet?x

User Image

10 years ago

Hi,
Yep OH knows.

I'm not able to get to the doctors yet annoyingly, but the first chance I get then I'll go.

The bleed has slowed a lot now and hopefully (fingers crossed) it'll stop by the end of today.

I have taken another pregnancy test. It was positive but very faint - much lighter than two days ago. I am going to do another one again tomorrow to see if the line gets darker (hopefully it will!) or if it disappears altogether.

Best of luck that the line stays visible. My thoughts are with you. xx [sticky_vibes]

User Image

10 years ago

Doctor has confirmed miscarriage :o(
Oh well....we'll have to try again some other time.

Thanks for chatting and your support.

Oh I am so sorry! No words can begin to describe......
I am here if you need to chat.xx

User Image

10 years ago

Happy New Year @wonderingandwaiting
Hope your well and your managing to stay positive which I realise is a daft thing to say but only time can heal and I hope your OH is taking good care of you.
Your in my thoughts, drop in and let me know how you are on 2ww forum in cycles & ovulation topic or pm me.x

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo