Community post

Discussion

Frozen Embryo Transfer Success??

Recently failed 1st IVF cycle in Nov '13. Transfered 2 average embryos, but neither took. We have a frozen single Grade A blastocyte that we plan to transfer in Feb '14. Has anyone had SUCCESS with a FET cycle using only a SINGLE EMBRYO? The RE is very confident, but he said that the first time when we transferred 2.

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi there. I haven't quote reached IVF, we are still in the stages of trying ovulation induction medication and if this doesn't work then hopefully in a few months time we will be put on the IVF waiting list...

I live in New Zealand and here I think they only do single embryo transfers. They are very careful about avoiding multiple pregnancies. So the success rates must be reasonable! I don't know stats though sorry.

10 years ago

Hi,
I just had my first failed ivf cycle in Nov aswell! And I'm doing my fet in Feb too!! I I'm not to sure on stats, I have looked and they always say fresh is better but there are so many different variables! My first transfer was 1 top grade day 3 compacting morula, there was no reason why it dhouldnt have stick, my doc is doing another round of bloods incase there is somthing that we missed, I have been preg naturally on my own and have had several chemicals so he isn't sure if I have antibodies, I am doing a new protocol for my fet, and it will be a top grade blastocyst, so like the first there should be no reason why it won't take but nothing is 100% and I'm sure you are aware of that, I'm in Australia so our protocols are dif my doc won't tranfer 2 until at least my 3rd time

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Hi,

I had a failed fresh ivf cycle in Oct and have a FET planned for January.
My clinic, Genea, in Australia is conducting a study to determine whether all cycles will be 'freeze all' in the future because there is a lot of evidence to suggest a frozen cycle has certain advantages eg uterine environment more receptive when not under the influence of stim meds, less stressful overall for the woman. So shall let you know if this cycle is successful.

Best wishes.

Me- 41, endo, adenomyosis, blocked left tube DH- 39, good swimmers Ivf round 1 Oct 2013 Awaiting FET...

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo