Community post

Discussion

Negative HPT after missed AF ended up being pregnant??

I am currently 4 days late. Except for maybe once, I am usually pretty regular. (The only difference this month is I had the dye test done at the beginning of my cycle, but I spoke with the nurse and she said the bike side effect they've heard of is for is to make the next period heavier.) I have taken several pregnancy texts- most recently this morning- all negative. No sign of AF yet. I've had on and off slight cramping and a backache for several days, extra tired. I don't want to get my hopes up (again), but I don't know what else would explain it. Has it taken anyone awhile to get a positive HPT? Anyone more than 4 days who got negatives but ended up being pregnant? I'm going to get a blood test after Christmas if nothing has changed, but I'm going crazy.

9 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

I was 9days late last time I was Prego before I even got my faint but bfp... So its not too late. Get rest, listen to your body...

[baby_dust] [sticky_vibes]

Rhyan 5/6/07 baby DD:7/17/14 lost on 11/21/13

10 years ago

I'm 12 dpo and going nuts, thought I was out but at least 4-5 stories today of women who were 8-10 days past their missed period and when they got BFP, it was still very faint. Someone even said their doctor said host can sometimes be neg. up to first 6 weeks of pregnancy!

10 years ago

Host should be hpt

10 years ago

Thanks for the comments! This is so confusing, but I'm staying hopeful. Still no AF and still negative HPTs.

10 years ago • Post starter

I'm 8 days late...I have done three hpt n all have Been BFN... The last time tested was three days ago so I'm attempting to test again today later this morning as it is 3am where I live right no...I'm so confused my cycles are pretty regular 30 cycle days +/- 1 but this time I'm really late I have many prego symptoms like being tired but can't sleep obviously, nausea and heartburn right now!! Sore boobs n very gassy sorry tmi! I'm going crazy not knowing...I hope it works out for both of us please keep me updated :))

10 years ago

Good luck! I'm going to try to hold off a couple more days before testing again. The negative tests are so disheartening (and expensive). Good luck! Let me know!

I just noticed typos in the original post and that I said good luck twice. I'm loopy! But double good luck! ;)

Haha it's ok I'll take all the good luck I can get..I tested this morning and it was a BFN again :( I'm so confused...my husband was so sad this morning...we aren't going to test anymore and just wait it out...I have an ob/gym appointment in two weeks so I'll just wait till then I guess but still keep me updated I wish u all the good luck and baby dust!!

10 years ago

AF ended up coming yesterday. I'm disappointed but I'll start tracking and try again. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo