Community post

Discussion

Hcg and progesterone levels

Hi there sorry in advance if this doesn't makes much sense am very nervous long story short me and my partner have been tv for a year, in July I miscarried at 4 was the on 20th nov I was rushed in to have my ruptured ectopic removed (they took my left tube away) and then yesterday I had a digi positive that told me I am pregnant 1-2 weeks. Went to early preg unit and they took my bloods called me and confirmed the pregnancy my levels were hcg 64 and progesterone 51, I am going back on Monday to have bloods done again..... Does anyone know more about levels the midwife seemed happy with them and said I didn't need to go in on Sunday she was happy to wait another day......
Thank you for taking your time to read this and if you have any thoughts of advice I would be grateful
Btw I was discharged the morning after my op with the only advice to go to early preg unit if I got a positive I know so of you may think why was you having unprotected sex so soon after but we wasn't told otherwise

8 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

That progesterone sounds good (even without knowing which of the most common units you are using!)

One hCG doesn't tell you anything except that you are pregnant. If you get another done you can check doubling time to confirm the pregnancy is progressing well.

Congrats :) Sounds like you have had a hard road. We have been trying for 2 years with a miscarriage at 10 weeks in April.

10 years ago

Thank you for your reply ð??? the midwife is doing another blood count tomorrow said said she was happy to wait till Monday instead of Sunday which would of been 48 hours so fingers crossed they are doubling its a horrible waiting game now, with the miscarriage and ectopic I felt pregnant but with this one I don't seem to have any signs if that makes sense other that feeling alittle nauseous but think that's worry and nerves (just hope this seed is in the right place and is a fighter).
I am sorry for your loss, becoming pregnant seems to be one of the hardest things to achieve when it's wanted. I hope you are ok xx hugs xx

10 years ago • Post starter

Them things in the post was meant to be a smile sorry new to this xx

I am 13dpo and got my BFP 3 days ago! I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks oct. 2013. I got pregnant on my first cycle! (Lucky me, I know)!! I got my blood drawn Friday 12/20 and going back on Monday 12/23 to repeat blood draw.. I can't wait to find out what my levels were from Friday vs. Mondays results! I hope everything is ok this time around!

~*{Girl 04-04-09}*~ 40 weeks ~*{Girl 01-26-11}*~ 40 weeks ~*{Miscarriage 10-26-13}*~ 9 weeks 4 days ~*{Miscarriage 12-26-13}*~ 4 weeks ~*~•Praying a little bean will stick!!•~*~

10 years ago

Had my bloods done this morning.... Just got a call to tell me my levels are 408 feeling very happy and more relaxed now. Am going in on New Year's Eve for a scan keeping everything crossed that things all go to plan. Xxxx
Hallehollenbeck89 have you had your bloods back yet :) xxxx

Just thought I would bring you all up to date and see if anyone can give me some advice so had my bloods done again
20/12/13 64
23/12/13 408
27/12/12 1255
Also had internal scan on the 27/12/2013 the lady told me she thought she could see a sac that measures 2.5mm she didn't say anything else other than she thought it looked about right but wanted my bloods to be done which were afterwards.
When the midwife called with my hcg levels she told me they wasn't doubling but they had risen by 66%. I am booked in for another scan tomorrow at 11:30 but I am so scared. I've not had any bleeding or any pain (my belly feels like it's stretching and looks like it is but think that might be due to the ectopic surgery that was done on the 20/11/2013)
Can anyone relate or have an opinion? Xxxxx

Hi! Sorry I haven't replied.. I got my levels checked on dec. 20 and hcg was only 8. Blood drawn again dec. 23 and levels only jumped to 22. 2 days later I started bleeding and went to ER and levels were back down to 5.

Don't be alarmed until your levels don't go up at all or start to go down! Think positive! I didn't think positive at all once I got my results back so it made me stress out more. Don't stress, stay calm :) just sit back and pray for the best right now!! :) I pray your little bean sticks!

~*{Girl 04-04-09}*~ 40 weeks ~*{Girl 01-26-11}*~ 40 weeks ~*{Miscarriage 10-26-13}*~ 9 weeks 4 days ~*{Miscarriage 12-26-13}*~ 4 weeks ~*~•Praying a little bean will stick!!•~*~

10 years ago

I was reading your stories and wondering how everything turned out. Hopefully it all went well. I got my bfp on 1/23/14. Since I have had a stillborn at 28 weeks in 2009, a mmc in 2012, and two chemicals (one in October 2013 and the other was November 2013) I was scared about this one. Got my hcg checked on 1/24/14. After coming back from the lab i started bleeding. It was extremely heavy, bright red and with tiny clots (sorry tmi). Went for my "follow-up" on 1/29. She said my hcg on 1/24 was only at 7 and she had me go down the hall to get another draw. I was still bleeding in this day and a day or two after. They called me on 1/30/14 with my hcg results. My first words were "it's back to 0 right?" With my chemical I started bleeding on 11/4/13 after getting my bfp on 10/31/13. My hcg then was 12 and my progesterone was at 0.6. The nurse on the phone was quiet so I expected it to be 0. She then said nope it went up to 21. Still not nearly where it should be but still hoping. I got back on my progesterone supplements and hoping the bean sticks. I go back in on 2/5/14 for another draw so I'm hoping it is way up there now. Not getting my hopes up, but I know we aren't out yet. A slim chance is better than no chance, right? My bbs are starting to get more sore and staying to feel the nausea. Just wondering about your little bean. How are you guys doing?

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo