Community post

Discussion

PCOS SUFFERER & TTC FOR 11 MONTHS - FERTILITY MEDS

Hi,

My name is Vicki and I'm 26, live in the UK and TTC #4.
I have 3 children, so thought why not try for one final buba to complete the family, I've never had any problems getting pregnant before.
Periods were every 28 days from starting them, up untill the Depo shot.
With my children, I fell pregnant on the pill, copper & mirena coils (thanks to them falling out without knowing!). Although all 3 of my littlens were unplanned, they have been a ray of sunshine in my life. They are amazing, have wonderful personalities and don't know where I'd be without them. After I had my youngest daughter I went on the Depo shot every 3 months up until last year. We wanted one more to join the family and I couldn't wait to start the journey, of actually trying ourselves, using opks and learning my body and cervix, the tww stuff, etc. I thought 6 months at the most, considering how fertile I was! Well, I was diagnosed with PCOS in May 2013. I wasn't told about my diagnosis until October, after I changed practices. Scan showed Polycystic Right Ovary. From then it totally changed me. I noticed not long after that I have acne on face, chest, back and legs, plus weight gain, a little hairyness and very irregular periods, one long one short and then repeats. Longest ever cycle was 74 days, then averaging to between 35 - 42 days long and Shortest ever cycle was 10 days, averaging to between 15 - 23 days long. So as you can see very irregular! I have been trying to do this for 11 months now and I'm so tired, exhausted of waiting. I don't know whether to ask my Dr for fertility meds or not. I don't what types or anything and frankly, I'm a little scared to go down the medical route. I've heard of Clomid but don't know much. What sort of medicines are there? Has anyone had experiences with Clomid and had success? I don't know where to go from here, what do I say to my Dr? Sorry for all the questions, my head is so full of them right now and I feel so alone. 11 months is a long time for a woman to go crazy, who was perfectly capable of making babies but now she bloody can't! Its getting so depressing seeing the constant BFNs.

I'm 26, been happily married for 6 years & we have 3 Children. Our 1st DD is 9 years old Our DS is 5 years old Our 2nd DD is 2 years old TTC #4 since January 2013. Lost 4 babys between 6 - 15 weeks Diagnosed with PCOS in May 2013 Hoping for fertility meds in 2014 after constant & struggling to ovulate with irregular periods. One day I will get my

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi there. We have been trying for 2 years now. I got pregnant early this year but miscarried at 10 weeks. No children at all yet :(

I am on my 5th cycle of clomid. It works well for PCOS in that is has really regulated my cycles! I was similar to you in my irregularity but since starting clomid I have ovulated between CD15 and CD19 every time. So much better! Not pregnant yet, but that't not the clomid's fault, it is doing its job of making me ovulate more often! I did have the dose upped this cycle as my previous cycle didn't have the greatest response. Let's see how it goes! My period is due on Christmas day, which is horrible. Hopefully I will get a positive test instead!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo