Community post

Discussion

AF not here BFN

I have a question for all of you Mom's. I have 3 kids 15, 13 and 10- from my previous marriage. My Husband and I are trying for a baby- a little crazy since mine are so old... yes, however this is what we want. Well AF is a day late, I took a test 4 days before just to see and it was a BFN again on Saturday, Sunday and This Morning and still a BFN. I never tracked my periods before with the other 3, so I don't know how many days late I was or anything, I only know now because my app on my phone. Did any of you get a BFN and then a Positive? I don't feel like AF is coming, and I really don't have any pregnancy symptoms. I am tired of waiting to find out if it will be positive or if AF is going to come. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for any and all advice.

18 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 18 Replies | Last Page

Sorry, I don't have any answers for you but I'm pretty much in the same boat but I do have symptoms. The most recent one is twinging feelings in my pelvic region. No signs of AF but definitely tired and have had extreme fatigue since early on after ovulation. I also had a BFN this morning. Im at 15 dpo...

User Image

10 years ago

Ash619- It is so frustrating. I even decided to try the qtip test, did it with a tampon though and got no signs of blood on it. so here we both sit and wait. I am hoping for a BFP for you. Please keep me posted.

Amber

10 years ago • Post starter

What is the qtip test?

I've never heard of it!

User Image

10 years ago

I thought it was and kinda is still crazy and don't want any judgement from anyone.

You stick a qtip up inside your cervix and twirl it around pull it out if it has color on it pink, red etc AF is supposed to be on her way, other people said they would never stick a qtip up there but did try with a tampon, stick it up pull it out.

I don't know about that one. Never heard of it...sounds weird, though. I guess a last resort if AF isn't here for me in the next couple of days?

Or I might try it later if I can't help myself...lol!

User Image

10 years ago

I am desperate to know either way so I tried it Saturday night since I was supposed to start Sunday and nothing, I tried it this morning and again clean, So now I just wait.

At least I now have someone to wait with.

Is this your first one?

So you put the qtip INSIDE the cervix or just swab around? I wonder if just using your fingers would work the same. I feel like I'm checking my cervix at least 10 times a day. I know I shouldn't do that since I'm risking infection but like you - I'm desperate! LOL

Not my first - I have a 2 year old boy (not planned). My first time having unprotected sex as a teenager and BOOM pregnant. I guess I'm pretty fertile? I don't know. Co-parenting (or trying to at least) with his father. I'm only 20. Never thought I'd be a single mom. I'm with the man I've crushed on since I was 14 now. Not trying to conceive, but not preventing. We would be thrilled to have a child together :)

I'm glad I have someone to wait with too! Do you have any kids, yourself?

User Image

10 years ago

I do I have a 15 yr old- not planned I was 18 and like BOOM lol. my 13 yr old we were not trying but not preventing and the same with my 10 yr old all boys. I am with the man of my Dreams now and we would love to have a Child of our own, I am gasp 34 and I know it is crazy to try again when my kids are so much older.

Yes a finger test should work the same way. I wouldn't see why not. you may not be able to see a pink color, but I don't know, I know it is silly to even try, but I hate waiting. lol.

Yes do not lose hope!!! I tested from 8dpo (since like last week), I gave up this morning( I took a test and it was a bfn) and my period is due tomorrow. Today is 13 dpo and I did a two mile run since I was really bummed, well afterwards I realized I had two test left (internet cheapie and First Response Early Result). I took the internet cheapie for fun and to my surprise (bfp) I had such a faint line that looked like an evap! So I took the FRER test and sure enough a line came out! Bfp!

You might have ovulated late!
With my first son it took 9 days past my period to get a bfp!

So Do not lose hope!!!

BABY Dust to you!!

10 years ago

Holy kids! I think I'll stop at 2...or 3...I don't know! I'm still so young.

I just did the q-tip test! Nothing! Woot woot :)

I just got done reading on another site about the qtip test and I guess a lot of women trying to conceive rely on it before they waste a test. I can't believe I haven't heard of it before now.

User Image

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo