Community post

Discussion

Why am I not ovulating?

Hi ladies,

I hope someone can offer me some advice? I started spotting for my period on the 1st December, my period only fully stopped on Tuesday 10th.

I've been using ovulation sticks every day since last Tuesday with every single one of them being negative. I've had a few pains in where I think my ovaries are a few days ago, sore boobs a coupe of days ago. Is there any way I could have ovulated and missed it even though I've been testing?

So it's only been 6 days since my period finished and all the online calculators are telling me I've already ovulated and passed my fertile time. My CM is a kind of light yellow colour, sorry for too much info.

We did the deed On the 1st December before my period started then again on the 13th, 14th and yesterday the 15th.

I am ready to scream as I just can't work out if I could've ovulated so soon after my period and had negative tests every day, even twice some days.

Can anyone offer me any advice at all? Feel so peed off!! I'm new to TTC and find it confusing - I thought it was as easy as just doing the deed, haha xxx

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hello versa1888! I have not used OPK's but this is my 3rd month ttc and I usually have a 28 day cycle so I O on day 14 but last month I ended up having a 36 day cycle and missed O because I stopped trying too early in my cycle. What I thought was implantation cramps was really O! So don't give up yet since it's only 6 days after your AF ended! There is still a really good chance!
[baby_dust] [sticky_vibes]

10 years ago

Thanks Robinsnest! It's just all so confusing! Is there an average time after AF finishes as to when ovulation would normally happen? Xx

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi there. OPKs don't actually tell you you ovulated. They only indicate a LH surge (which will usually cause ovulation but not always). They are notoriously fickle and some months you may never get a positive (but still ovulate). Don;'t assume you haven't based on OPKS! I use them as a backup and really watch my other signs. I have been TTC 2 years now and usually ovulate round CD17 but one cycle it was CD9 !!! I only knew because I saw that my CM had changed, so we had sex and got pregnant! (Lost the baby at 10 weeks unfortunately, hence still TTC). What I recommend you do if you want to know when you ovulate is chart your basal body temperature. Even if you only do it for a couple of cycles it will give you an idea of when you ovulate and you can match that up with your other symptoms. It is the only way you can be sure you ovulated (apart from a blood test).

Just read you response to the other comment. There is no average time "after AF finishes" that you ovulate. Ovulation is not linked to the length of AF at all. The average cycle day that women ovulate is CD14, but don't rely on that. You could ovulate anywhere from CD8 to CD30 something (or beyond!) So from the first day of full red bleeding if you count 10 days then you should be having lots of sex.

How long are your cycles normally?

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo