Community post

Discussion

5 Years, no pregnancies....... my problem now..... no hope?

It is very easy for anyone to say "It will be ok", "It will work out" "It will happen for you, i just know it!" but i think that unless you are in the situation, it is difficult to fully understand how broken it makes you feel ......

My husband and i stopped using contraceptions over five and a half years ago. I was then 25 and he was 24 and no pregnancies have occoured.

I went to the doctor who started fertility investigations after we had been trying for 2 of those years....

This unfortunately didn't go much further than checking i wasn't early menopause as a close family member got ill and although we carried on 'trying' I wasn't actively keeping track of things.

Went back to the doctor after this period and we continued full investigations. My husband is fine but i have been diagnosed with pcos.

My doctor has prescribed Metformin now so we are giving that a go but i feel so hopeless about it

Anyone in a similiar position?

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

If it helps at all, I know several people who were diagnosed with pcos and with medical intervention were able to have full term pregnancies and healthy children. One friend in particular now has 3 children and is pregnant with another. They tried for a few years with no results until they were diagnosed and now they have their family.

10 years ago

Thanks, I appreciate it. I just worry because I can't even imagine it happening anymore. I'm almost 32 now and with each year my chances decrease a little.To finally get a positive after all this time would just be magical.

Maybe next year. ....

(Fingers crossed)

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo