Community post

Discussion

Not happening fast enough! On month 5 of trying...help!

Wondering if anyone has some good tips for me. I'm not completely stressing yet, but I'm getting to that point. This is my 5th month of trying and right now I'm in my two week wait period - I'm due for my next AF on the 17th of December, and I'm hoping she doesn't show up this month, but I have a feeling she will be there. Anyone else in the same boat as me? I feel like everyone around me that tries gets PG during their first or second month of trying and I'm really starting to get discouraged. I'm 33 years old, and my DH and I would like at least 2 children god willing. I have a 27-28 day cycle and I usually ovulate around the 11-13th day of my cycle. I haven't been exercising or drinking a lot of water or eating 100% healthy and I'm thinking maybe that's why it's not happening? I'm a little overweight, but not obese. Idk, I'm taking prenatals, calcium chews, trying to get some good sleep each night and TRYING not to stress too much, but I know I must be even if it's subconsciously. Any tips anyone can give me to give me some hope back? I don't know how many more months of not conceiving I can take before I start to lose it.

User Image

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

My dear dis is my 3rd month tryn but i waz diaagnosed of typhoid and malaria,i also did scan and i waz hav pelvic inflam disease bt am ok now. i dnt knw if it wz d'sicknes bhnd me unable to get preggo and i v ben takin injction and it concidice on ovul week i bd only 3 x blc aam nt fit.i dnt want dis month to pass me by.i v ben pryn.[baby_dust]

1378962000z0z25z14" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

10 years ago

Hey, I totally understand! This month will only be our 4th month of trying but it seems like forever already! It is heartbreaking when af comes...especially since I'm already feeling hormonal and emotional. And the things people say that they think are helpful!! If one more well-intending friend tells me to "be patient" and not expect it to "happen right away"...most of whom of course are not trying and have no idea what it's like. Yes, I'm in the same boat and it helps to know there are people out there going through the same thing. It is hard to talk to people about it because so many just don't understand.

Anyway, I started fertility acupuncture this month. It is expensive, but I'll give it 6 months or so to see if it makes a difference. Was getting spotting prior to af so there could be a luteal phase issue. I typically also spot after af...this stopped after my first treatment last week! Not sure whether that is coincidence or not, but sometimes our periods are trying to tell us something...like mine being light and on/off/spotty after years of using birth control.

Are you charting and using ovulation predictor strips? I had been using OPKs, but had not been taking my temperature. Now that I have been temping, my temp is looking really low (temp needs to rise for implantation). I am a very healthy weight but had not been working out.

Sometimes low temp can be related to slow metabolism, so I purchased a yoga dvd "restoring fertility", hopefully this will also help to get things cooking. :) Sometimes I think something is just a little off in our bodies and they need a little push/realignment. My new strategy is to love and care for my body as I would the child I wish it to bear for me. We will get there. I know the time around af is the worst, but have faith my friend!

10 years ago

I have been using Clearblue Easy Ovulation Digital tests and they seem to work well - tells you if you are and if it's "peak" ovulation. THis past month my DH and I had intercourse on our "peak" day and I still have not seen AF yet - I was due yesterday I think - not quite sure because I got AF on Nov. 17th then it went away and came back on the 19th so I'm not sure which date to use as my official AF start date. I bought a BBT but I only used it twice, I'm going to try to use that next cycle if this cycle didn't work. Baby dust to all!!!! And thank you for your reply - nice to hear about people in the same boat as me!!!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Well good luck to you! Taken any preg tests yet? Hope you get your BFP!

10 years ago

I took one last night at 9pm and it was BFN. Hoping I don't get AF and I will test again tomorrow morning. Maybe it was neg cuz it's too soon or cuz it was at night.

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo