Community post

Discussion

dealing with baby envy

Who else's Facebook news feed is nothing but pregnancy and baby announcements? Don't get me wrong, I am genuinely happy for all of these friends and family members, but since TTC I find myself struggling with some difficult emotions every time I hear someone else is pregnant, which seems like all the time! I've just started actively trying so I know this journey will likely take some time, and I'm just curious how others deal with these feelings.

7 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Amen and pass the whiskey! I had two family members announce their pregnancy this past week, three friends the week before that, one best friend just had her second in February and the other had her daughter last August only to find out she's already pregnant with baby number three. And I'm just over here gearing up for my sixth month of actively TTC my second. I was one of the first in my group to have a child but his brother or sister is not quite so eager to join us, sadly. Mostly I vent online... I write in my TTC journal, find conversations with likeminded people (like this one) and patiently awake my turn, where I shall then make a huge fuss and cause all of my friends to grow thoroughly sick of me and my exuberance. That's how I deal. Lol!

User Image

8 years ago

LOL, I love it! That's so true - We will get our chance to make a huge fuss! Wow, that's a lot of preggos in your life! I've also found out about a couple of family members in the past week and I'm throwing a baby shower for my friend who is due in a couple of months so its like babies everywhere! It just makes it hard to chill and be patient when everyone around you is popping up pregnant, lol. Good advice about venting online - just signed up for this site today and already feel better. :) Good luck to you - hope you get a bfp soon!!!

8 years ago • Post starter

The same to you! Just keep telling yourself you're gonna wait until all the activity ebbs so you don't have to share the lime light with so many others. Good luck!

User Image

8 years ago

I completely understand. My 20 year old niece is ~4 months pregnancy with an unplanned pregnancy. My husband and I have been TTC for 3 months. While I am honestly happy for her, I can't help but be a bit jealous. I'm almost 30 and have wanted this for years. Send baby dust my way! :)

8 years ago

We got married in December last year and I am getting stressed because there are about four women I know who also got married in December and are now happily expecting and posting pregnancy yoga photos on Facebook. Argh!

8 years ago

I agree. my sister in law announced very soon after they were married they were expecting baby number one. it has been a very upsetting 9 months for me with trying to fit into a new family and feeling ignored because of all the fuss around my sister in law, that being said i am very happy for them and can't wait to welcome the little miracle into the family...but i hear you on the feelings.

8 years ago

Not too long ago I wrote a journal entry on the subject of "baby envy". Read if you like, it might be helpful to you. Best wishes.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo