Community post

Discussion

Any Advice?

Hi All, My story is I am 31 and have been TTC for about 6 mths. Before I started TTC I went to see a doc as my AF was irregular, after a couple of tests they said my prolactin levels were slightly elevated. They suggested I go for an MRI scan to see if I had a benign tumour on the pituitary gland, but thankfully I didn't. Following this as my prolactin levels were still raised they referred me on to an endocrinologist. She gave me a 3 month prescription of Bromocriptine (this should ensure I ovulate), which I have been taking since 30th of September. Since then we have been actively TTC. As high prolactin can affect ovulation, I bought ovulation sticks to confirm I was ovulating and the 1st mth (after taking Bromocriptine) with CB Advanced Digital they worked & clearly showed my 4 peak days. This month I used CB easy ovulation test (bought by mistake) & for the 7 tests I couldn't see a + result. This is the first time I have not been able to see a + result, from all past tests I normally ovulated on CD17.
On CD 23 I had slight spotting & just in case it was implantation I did a PG on Sat night and Sun a.m. which looked positive, since then the tests I have done have been negative. I am confused as to whether I have even ovulated this month or whether I could be pregnant? I should be due on Friday 6th December.
Any advise or thoughts would be really appreciated. I am slightly starting to get a little disheartened. :(

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Giving your Medical issues and this isn't a "normal" or "typical" pregnancy The only thing I could suggest is just relaxing and seeing if AF shows up tomorrow... If not take a test the next morning and make an appointment to see your Dr as she/he's probably going to be able to give you the best possible advice on what's going on with your body.

Best of luck Baby dust!

10 years ago

Hi Modernhousewife,
Thank you for your advice!!
I am now 3 days late and continue to have BFN's. I did go for a blood test yesterday to check my prolactin levels and I did ring my endocronologist for any advice, but am yet to hear back!!
It really is torture, but I am just trying to relax.
Something that i have noticed over the past few days is darker puffy aerola's and a few new blue veins on my breasts, I know these are common in pregnancy, but I still realise how accurate the pregnancy tests are.
I will keep you updated. x

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo