Community post

Discussion

Number of IUI's til IVF and Mini-IVF anyone?

Hi all,

I am single, age 37, and TTC for the first time. I have had 2 unsuccessful IUI's and will test to find out the outcome of #3 tomorrow morning (fingers crossed!). I was wondering how many IUI's each of you have tried and if you moved on to IVF. I am fortunate to live right down the street from one of the top fertility docs in the country and am looking into mini-IVF after being told by another clinic that they would need to do three retrievals due to my low egg reserve and IVF would cost 30-40 K. Just looking for input and advice. I never dreamed this would be such an emotionally trying process.

Thanks in advance for your help!
D

AMH = 0.16 :(
IUI #1--Clomid enhanced, 3 follies, 1 mature, BFN
IUI #2--Clomid enhanced, 4 mature follies, BFN
IUI #3--Natural, 3 follies, 1 mature, ?????

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

How did you go?

I am straight to ivf, no iui. Located in Australia so we have a totally different health care system. Ivf is expensive everywhere. And emotionally demanding. I think I underestimated the emotional drain.

Best of luck.

Me- 41, endo, adenomyosis, blocked left tube DH- 39, good swimmers Ivf round 1 Oct 2013 Awaiting FET...

10 years ago

Hi Annisa,

Round 3 failed. However, I did my 4th IUI yesterday (used injectables this time) and will test on Christmas day. Then, I will probably turn to IVF. Best of luck to you as well! Where are you in the IVF process?

Debra

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi all,

I am in my 3rd round.. The First 2 rounds were BFN... I have been TTC for almost 2 and half years.... I have stage 1 of endometriosis.... Am in my TWW and its killing me. Few more days to go before testing. The hardest part is the waiting... I am guessing the best thing to do after 3/4 failed IUIs is to turn to IVF... Baby dust to all of u :D

#1 IUI: Femara + Injectables, 2 follies, 1 mature = BFN
#2 IUI: Clomid + Injectables, 1 mature follies = BFN
#3 IUI: Clomid + Injectables (increased dosage) 2 follies, 2 mature=???

10 years ago

Hi ladies! I'm 36 and have been TTC for 15 months. We tried IUI last month with Clomid and Ovidrel which failed miserably. DH and I thought we were dealing with "not so bad" male factor but the SA for the IUI showed severe male factor. Only 100,000 viable sperm post-wash and they like to see at least 1 million. So, IVF after the new year for us. My cycles are short (two expected periods this month. phooey!) so we will be going au naturel this cycle and the next. I'll definitely be stalking these posts to see how everything goes with all of you. I'm super nervous. Maybe we all need to bathe in baby dust? Lol1

User Image WE WANNA SEE THE BFP...GO...LIKE...THIS..... Dang it, BFP! Show up for all of us, already!

10 years ago

Hello all,

To answer your question Debra, I had my first stimulated ivf cycle October this year, BFN. Have 2 frosties and was supposed to do a transfer before Christmas but my hormones did not rise in time for the closing of the lab for Christmas. So now I need to wait until January. Good luck for your Christmas BFP!

And good luck to the rest of you ladies.

Annisa

Me- 41, endo, adenomyosis, blocked left tube DH- 39, good swimmers Ivf round 1 Oct 2013 Awaiting FET...

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo